What Are Rice Krispy Treat?

Decorating By nuttis Updated 6 Apr 2008 , 11:27am by missybase

nuttis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nuttis Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 9:37am
post #1 of 5

I`m from Norway,so can someone explain what rice krispy treat are,and how to make it etc.??Thanks!!

4 replies
Suzy40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzy40 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 9:54am
post #2 of 5

Hi
RKT are just that , rice crispies and marshmallows that work a treat

They really are great to work with , this is a recipe from pinkbox , she has an awesome dolphin cake in the gallery , look her up , I am addicted to her recipe and have now used it a lot

try it
Grab some marshmallows. (lets say a whole bag or 1/2)... a glass bowl...or microwaveable bowl... spray it with cooking spray... spray a wooden spoon too (decent amount on both).... stick the marshmallows in... microwave on high until they start to puff up big... pull it out of the microwave pour in a little rice crispy cereal (snap, crackle, pop) ..... stir ,,, stir... until blended... add a little more cereal if needed... (you should be able to see more cereal than marshmallow but still workable)... when cool... mold it into whatever shape you need to with your hands. Let it set out to dry and it will harden (30 min... or overnight).

Start to finish... 15 min tops (makes great afterschool snacks for the kids... throw in peanuts...candy... granola... you name it)(sorry I have 4 kids...always thinking... always)

Suzy

Suzy40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzy40 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 10:03am
post #3 of 5

Sorry meant to add, then once it is set , just coat it thinly in a crusting buttercream to fill and gaps , then when the buttercream has formed a crust I ice the shape in fondant

Suzy

nuttis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nuttis Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 10:20am
post #4 of 5

Ok,thanks

Can I use it like mmf then?

missybase Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missybase Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 11:27am
post #5 of 5

You can't use them like mmf--they're more like a bar cookie, but flexible. Some people use them in place of cake if they're sculpting things, because they're sturdier, not in place of the frosting or fondant. Here's a link to a website with a recipe and a picture, which will hopefully help!

http://www.ricekrispies.com/Display.aspx?recipe_id=1605&kic=1

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%