Inserting Cinderella Into Her Dress Cake..long, Disaster.

Decorating By springlakecake Updated 8 Apr 2008 , 7:32pm by Omicake

amastercreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amastercreation Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 8:27am
post #31 of 37

your cinderella is just beautiful! I love the detailing on the bottom of the dress.

I made one for my daughter's 4th birthday.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1190103.html

My wilton teacher helped me with it. I ended up breaking the legs off hoping I could reattach them after the cake was cut. no success. i had to throw the whole doll away after I caught my 2 year old daughter licking the fondant off the torso of the doll...it wasn't a pleasant site. icon_redface.gif

I'd love to try the saran wrap trick next time. The doll cost $10 and hated to have to throw it away.

Krystl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krystl Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:00pm
post #32 of 37

and next time it will be easier for all the adventures on this one - now you know some of the things NOT to do.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:22pm
post #33 of 37

Your cake turned out beautiful. I have a doll cake due 4/26 which will be my first. I will be using the wondermold and doll pick. I'm glad I read this post, great information. What is the best way to add the fondant over the pleats?

mommycakediva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommycakediva Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:36pm
post #34 of 37

Turned out really good! Did'nt ever think about how to do this cake but was wanting to do one soon, thanks for all the info. everyone!

mommycakediva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommycakediva Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:38pm
post #35 of 37

Turned out really good! Did'nt ever think about how to do this cake but was wanting to do one soon, thanks for all the info. everyone!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 6:55pm
post #36 of 37

Thanks everyone! The pleats were done by adding logs of fondant on the cake (tapered) and then adding the piece of fondant over it. these were directions from the wondermold pan. Again I didnt use thewondermold because I feel it is easier to add filling with the rounds. Plus I really like carving!

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 7:32pm
post #37 of 37

Lovely Cinderella cake, Merissa.Congrats! I'm sure many like myself , are learning from this thread.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%