Is It Call Kitchen Or Side Cakes

Decorating By debbieann Updated 5 Apr 2008 , 12:29am by Bunniefluf

debbieann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbieann Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 11:09pm
post #1 of 4

I've been getting calls lately asking about kitchen cake when they purchase a smaller cake to help out with hte cost of their wedding my serving for cakes are $1.50 and I have a few others for $2.00 a serving. how much would you charge for the sheet cakes. I would like to have them 2 layers cakes so they will be the same 4 inches as their wedding cake. If anyone out there can help please do so.
thanks a million

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 11:57pm
post #2 of 4

I would charge the same as the wedding cake.

I don't charge extra for design elements. Therefore I dont' discount for simple design, or lack of design elements.

So whether it's a round 2-layer cake that's on a table in front of the guests .... or a rectangle 2-layer cake that's on the counter in the kitchen .... it's all the same cake ergo it's all the same price.

My single layer sheet cakes are $1.50/serving (wedding cake is $3/serving), BUT...... that sheet cake price does NOT include delivery. So if they want it delivered with the rest of their cake, they are paying the delivered price.

The way you market it is by telling the bride, "So you can have a grand centerpiece wedding cake at the same price that you would pay to have a dorky little wedding cake and some plain cakes in back." (Accentuate the Positive!)

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 12:23am
post #3 of 4

Kitchen cakes = the same number of layers/filling as the main cake. Sheet cakes = single layer cakes, frosting on top.

I do increase the price for decorations, so I give a 10-15 cent per serving discount for kitchen cakes. Generally they just go for the big glorius cake. I don't do sheet cakes.

Bunniefluf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bunniefluf Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 12:29am
post #4 of 4

I agree with Indydebi...especially if you're going to make it a two layer cakes! Charge the same. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%