Need A New Flavor

Decorating By USMC_SGTs_Lady Updated 4 Apr 2008 , 7:40pm by Auryn

USMC_SGTs_Lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
USMC_SGTs_Lady Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 5

So i have to do a birthday cake for next weekend and I am stumped on what flavors to use....Its like mymind is blank.
The guy I am making the cake for can't have any chocolate(allergic) and he can't have anything with nuts....he can have white chocolate...Nothing thats sodium overload, and he can't do too many citric things(oranges, lemon, etc)....the guy has probs with his kidney...actually he only has like 1/4 of a kidney, so he is on a strict diet....
Usually when I make him a cake I just do a white or yellow cake with strawberry filling and cream cheese frosting. But thats getting kinda old....any ideas?
I was thinking of like a Tiramisu cake, but a lot of the recipes I found call for chocolate...I could sub the chocolate for white chocolate...but not sure how well that works out...

4 replies
lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 5

If you do not mind sticking with white cake, two of my favorite fillings for that are white chocolate ganache with raspberry filling, or peach-raspberry. For the last I just basically cooked chopped peaches with sugar like for jam or preserves, then mixed in some raspberry filling. For a little extra fun you can add a little rum to the peach-raspberry mixture. I use this recipe for the raspberry filling: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2503-Raspberry-Filling.html and this one for the white chocolate ganache: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2116-Chocolate-Ganache-1.html

I haven't tried this yet, but it popped into my head while looking for the above recipes, a banana cake with this caramel filling, http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-4053-Caramel-Filling.html , might be good, with maybe just a simple vanilla BC?

HTH thumbs_up.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 5

If he likes the strawberry filling, what about a strawberry cake?

USMC_SGTs_Lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
USMC_SGTs_Lady Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 7:33pm
post #4 of 5

hmm, not sure if he can have bananas and caramel...that would be good though. I will have to ask.

I would do a strawberry cake, but I kinda want to make something totally different for them...I fell like I am making the exact same cake over and over and they are getting kinda bored with it...

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 7:40pm
post #5 of 5

find out if he can have almonds
and what kind of liquors he can have

real traditional tiramisu doesnt have any chocolate in it except for the dark cocoa powder sprinkled on the top which you could easily do without
if you want a real traditional recipe let me know

does it have to be cake??
what about like a strawberry pie?

could you make a white cake but substitue a marshmallow flavored coffee creamer (like the special easter ones on sale right now) so the cake part would taste like marshmallow

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%