Help! How Do You Sculpt With Rice Crispy Treats

Decorating By Evone Updated 3 Apr 2008 , 7:28pm by ljhow623

Evone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evone Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 2

Hi everyone, I have a question and I hope someone is awesome with sculpting with rice crispy treats. I am trying to make a dog and it keeps falling apart. I squish and I squish but to no avail. How do you make it not fall apart and still be able to sculpt with it? I tried to pound it to make it stronger but then it is to hard to sculpt with ????? HELP ME PLEASEEEEEEES. SOMEONE , ANYONE whaaaaaa! lol

1 reply
ljhow623 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljhow623 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:28pm
post #2 of 2

I haven't skulpted alot with rct but here are my tips. First let your RCT set for a least a day or two. They are easier to work with then. If you let them set out two long( a week or more) or work with them too much they seem to not stick to each other so that could be another possiblity. That happened to me and I ended up throwing the whole batch of RCT out. Gravity has a lot to do with it to.

As far as sculpting I usually start with small pieces and build up from there forming my piece as I go. For instance if you were doing the legs and feet of the dog, do you have a dowl or something that you are molding to? Start with a thinner layer of rct and wrap around the rod. Then little by little start building the leg to were it looks right to you.

Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%