Cutters For This Cake?

Decorating By gossipgirl Updated 2 Apr 2008 , 9:00pm by BlakesCakes

gossipgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gossipgirl Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 1:07pm
post #1 of 3

Does anybody know the cutters used for this cake? Where can I buy it online? I need to make it for a client's wedding. Is this a patchwork cutter? I really will appreciate your help. Thanks!

2 replies
beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 1:33pm
post #2 of 3

a bride brought me this photo just a few weeks ago. she wasn't too picky about her cake looking exactly the same, and she wanted to save a bit of money, so we did royal icing. i'll attach a pic. i just printed the cake photo to scale nad then traced over the patterns in black royal icing. when it dried i pieced it onto the cake however i wanted. you may want to ask your bride if she would mind you doing something similar.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 9:00pm
post #3 of 3

I'm sure that you won't find a set of cutters for this exact design.

You can hand cut fondant, pipe royal onto copied patterns, or pipe directly onto the cake.


Quote by @%username% on %date%