Need Directions For This Cake

Decorating By nhbaker Updated 1 Apr 2008 , 12:38pm by Erdica

nhbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nhbaker Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 2:12pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have the wilton book that contains this cake? I've got an order for one and I'd really like to know the sizes, etc. that they've used - I could probably figure it out from the picture but figure the actual Wilton directions would be easiest.
Thanks in advance for your help.
L.
[/img]
LL

3 replies
Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 4

I have this but I am at work and wont be able to get home for a few more hours. I will bring it back and let you know. Maybe in the mean time someone else will chime in with it. Sorry, wish I was at my home right now.

shellieb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellieb Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:07pm
post #3 of 4

This cake is from the "A Romantic Portfolio" book. It consist of 6,8,10,and 14 inch/2 layer cakes. All top tiers are 6". The whole cake serves 274, minus top tier, Wilton count. I've made this same cake a few years ago.

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 12:38pm
post #4 of 4

I have this book.

Sizes used says:

2-layer (4 inches high) Rounds - five 6 inch cakes, three 8 inch cakes, two 10 inch cakes and one 14 inch cake. It gives an exact break down of what cakes are where if you need that too, let me know.

Pillars are:

5 in Grecian Pillars (3 packs needed)
13 3/4 in Roman Columns (4 needed)

Decoration:
Using a toothpick and a ruler, mark three rows at 1in and then using tip #80, pipe a shell motion. They used tip #26 for the bottom shell border and a reverse shell for the top.

HTH!

Let me know if you need anything else.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%