Florida Gators & Urban Meyer Won The Bcs!!!!!!!!!

Lounge By daltonam Updated 10 Jan 2007 , 1:03am by klg1152

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 5:01am
post #1 of 13

HOLY CRAP THEY WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AFTER ALL THE TALK FROM MY FLORIDA STATE FRIENDS-SAYING THEY DIDN'T HAVE A CHANCE---WELL HAHA

ohara & other buckeye fans--i'm sorry for the loss, i'm a big florida fan, but if we had lost i was ready to hand out congrats!

12 replies
Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 5:05am
post #2 of 13

....now they need to play Boise State to see who the real champions are.......

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 5:16am
post #3 of 13

Congrats to you and Urban and the whole team!! I don't blame you for being soooo excited! No one gave them a chance against Ohio State. I wore a Florida shirt to work today - oh the stuff I heard from that! I'm not a big Gators fan - but a really BIG fan of Urbans. Hopefully everyone in his hometown is equally as proud... he did great!!

daltonam Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 5:25am
post #4 of 13

StephW-- it's great to be a fan of an old friend & i bet you had penty of people wondering if you'd lost your mind for buying it, much less wearing it--LOL

Phoov - i feel sure we'd try our best (sometimes that can be great--like tonight & sometimes, well i do wonder--like our game against auburn--lol)

mitsel8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mitsel8 Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 5:26am
post #5 of 13

OMG
I can't believe it!!!
Huge gator fan up here in CT!!!!!
They held them to under 100 yards!!!
GO GATORS!!!

Leslie UF85

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 1:01pm
post #6 of 13

Congrats! I can't believe my boys played the way they did...shameful! I couldn't even watch the whole game. I knew in the first quarter that they were going to lose. Congrats to the Gators...no one expected them to take it!

daltonam Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 1:40pm
post #7 of 13

jen1977

i thought the same thing about Florida in the first 16 seconds...i was like what are they doing, they Buckeye's had to have made the fastest touchdown in history--

chubbycheeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chubbycheeks Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 2:28pm
post #8 of 13

LOL Jen, My DH feels the same way. He is a huge Buckeye fan, and was sooooo disgusted!! I had made him a very special 'buckeye' cake for game night (chocolate cake, peanut butter mousse filling, chocolate buttercream WRAPPED in chocolate and topped with... buckeyes (of course). That's now his "official" cake - lol. At least his cake was fantastic, right? lol.

Congrats to the Gators!

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 2:38pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbycheeks

LOL Jen, My DH feels the same way. He is a huge Buckeye fan, and was sooooo disgusted!! I had made him a very special 'buckeye' cake for game night (chocolate cake, peanut butter mousse filling, chocolate buttercream WRAPPED in chocolate and topped with... buckeyes (of course). That's now his "official" cake - lol. At least his cake was fantastic, right? lol.

Congrats to the Gators!

Oh Chubbycheeks, do you have a picture of the cake? I would love to make one for my minister who is a big buckeye fan and alumni and.......got to go to the game. He actually had to sit in the Gator section, though, because he was a guest of a UF alum. Haven't heard if he made it out in one piece. LOL

CajunDaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CajunDaisy Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 2:40pm
post #10 of 13

We love the Gators at our house! I went to sleep in the third quarter since I had to get up at 4:00am, but when I got up my husband had left sticky notes on my coffee mug, computer, etc to let me know what the final score ended up being. It was wonderful! This was also the first topic when I got to work this morning! haha

chubbycheeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chubbycheeks Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 2:49pm
post #11 of 13

No, unfortunately I didn't get a picture. icon_cry.gif

I just did a basic chocolate wrap around the cake though (well, I cut out a 'border' for the top of it but you don't have to do that) and then topped the cake with buckeyes. I just used all my basic scratch recipes for the cake, filling and buttercream. icon_smile.gif

daltonam Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 9:24pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbycheeks

Congrats to the Gators!

thanks & that cake sound yummy, i'm going to have to remember it

parable---i noticed alot of them were mixed up (gators & buckeyes sitting together) it seems like everyone got along--that's always a good thing

klg1152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klg1152 Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 1:03am
post #13 of 13

all I can say is................GO GATORS!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%