Moving To Washington State

Business By cblupe Updated 30 Mar 2008 , 2:01pm by kelleym

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 1:29pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all, I am currently in Alabama but am relocating to Washington this summer and will start my custom cake business. Anyone on this site live in Washington and can fill me in on requirements to license a cottage style business? I will have a separate building at home to work from. I am also interested in everyone thoughts about oven brands, refridgerators, sinks etc. that I need to equip my business. This is a new venture for me and I need all the help and advise I can get!

Thanks so much,

2 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 1:49pm
post #2 of 3

well I don't know about setting up the business but there is a few great cake decorating shops located in is called the ultimate baker or cooks dream!!They have a great online site as well!! Actually this website is run out of Washington state if I remember correctly!! You may want to PM Heath or Jackie as they might have info on the set up and where to buy!

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 2:01pm
post #3 of 3

Congratulations on your move! Washington, as far as I know, does not have a "cottage" business law, instead the licensing of food preparation is handled through each individual county's health department, so that is where you would need to start to find out the regulations for the county you are moving to. Since you already know you'll have a separate kitchen, it sounds like you have a great start! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%