Pineapple Upside Down Cake Covered With Fondant??

Decorating By homemaluhia Updated 23 Mar 2008 , 9:34pm by darcat

homemaluhia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
homemaluhia Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 7

I did a search and there used to be a thread about this topic. Has anyone tried this? Or do any of you have any suggestions how to do it?

Thank you!!!

6 replies
yeastconfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yeastconfection Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 6:10pm
post #2 of 7

I use two inch deep pans and put brown sugar and melted butter in them along with a layer of pineapples. The cake batter goes on top but you still want your cake to end up no more than two inches deep after baking. You can then bake another cake plain and then use the pineapple layer between the two cakes. I then frost it with a fluffy cream cheese and fondant it over that. I like my cakes TALL.. so I would actually bake two layers with pineapple on the bottom and one plain layer, so that the cake appears to be torted twice with pineapple and brown sugar.

sasporella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sasporella Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 6:19pm
post #3 of 7

That sounds yummy. I'm gonna have to give it a try.

homemaluhia Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 6:23pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeastconfection

I then frost it with a fluffy cream cheese and fondant it over that.

Wow, yeast confection, that is a great idea! I had never thought about making a layer to top it! Thankyou so much.

I have one question, does the fluffy cream cheese need refrigeration?

Aloha,
Teri

yeastconfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yeastconfection Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 4:43am
post #5 of 7

According to posts in this website cream cheese frosting will be o.k. if left out for a couple days as long as the sugar content is high. I realize with fondant you don't want to take the chance of colors running with condensation from the fridge....so I would definitely feel good about leaving it out overnight and delivering it the next day.

homemaluhia Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 9:14pm
post #6 of 7

Terrific! Thank you!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 9:34pm
post #7 of 7

You know when I first saw this post I that ewwwwwww fodant and pineapple upside down? lol I hadnt ever thought about doing it as a layer cake what a really awesome idea. This is one of my favourite cakes and now with this idea it sounds even better. I mean a tripple layer pineapple up side down YUMMMMMMMMMMM lol Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%