Using Coffee Creamer In Icing

Decorating By SweetOccasionCakes Updated 23 Mar 2008 , 8:52pm by Wendoger

SweetOccasionCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetOccasionCakes Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 20

What flavor coffee creamers have you used in your icing? What would you suggest for a vanilla pound cake and a chocolate chocolate cake?

19 replies
Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 20

I have used the vanilla caramel and chocolate mint. If I remember right the caramel one was in the powder form and the choc mint was the liquid form. Both very good!!

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 5:55pm
post #3 of 20

I have used the Pralines & Creme and the Hazelnut, both of which were really good! icon_smile.gif

loucarp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loucarp Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 6:06pm
post #4 of 20

I've tried Toffee Nut and Coconut Cream. Also, they had a Vanilla Spiced rum at Christmas time...they were all good. The Toffee Nut one has been the one best liked by everyone.

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 6:33pm
post #5 of 20

I've used Irish Cream and Hazlenut - I have a Butter Pecan flavour in the fridge waiting to be used. All are the liquid creamer.

smoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smoore Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 6:39pm
post #6 of 20

I use French Vanilla a lot, Creme Brulee and pumpkin spice. The French Vanilla and Creme Brulee would both be good on white, butter or chocolate cake. I used the pumpkin spice on a spice cake and it was good, but did offset the color of the buttercream a little bit (not a true white). I've also used White Chocolate Almond, but prefer the French Vanilla and Creme Brulee over that.

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 6:46pm
post #7 of 20

Do you have to refridgerate the cake if you use the creamer in the icing?

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 1:59pm
post #8 of 20

I am curious as to how to incorporate the creamer (liquid or powder) into to the icing. Also, does anyone have a recipe to share??\\
TIA

daranaco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daranaco Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 2:21pm
post #9 of 20

Sugarshack's BC recipe uses powdered creamer. Many people here love it.

Here's a link to the original thread:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=19948&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=buttercream&&start=0

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 2:35pm
post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut

Do you have to refridgerate the cake if you use the creamer in the icing?

The beauty of it is...as long as it is non-dairy creamer you do Not have to refridgerate! icon_biggrin.gif I use the dry, mix it 1 to 1 and use it instead of the liquid in buttercream.

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 2:55pm
post #11 of 20

Thanks daranaco, I will surely try it and let you know how I made out icon_smile.gif

Chef_Rinny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Rinny Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 3:11pm
post #12 of 20

If you use the liquid how do you use it-do you use it as a substitute for your milk?

briannastreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briannastreats Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 3:13pm
post #13 of 20

I have used several different flavors (always the liquid though for me). I just replace the liquid exactly, and it turns out great!

Chef_Rinny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Rinny Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 3:20pm
post #14 of 20

thanks I will have to give that a try!

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 3:38pm
post #15 of 20

For Sugarshack's recipe, I use the vanilla non-dairy and the icing, to me, tastes like cotton candy...I LOVE it....AND it doesn't have to be refrigeratedicon_wink.gif
(with the liquid creamers, it DOES have to be refrigerated)
thumbs_up.gif

ac2steachk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ac2steachk Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 3:40pm
post #16 of 20

I have a bottle of liquid chocolate mint flavor. I haven't used it yet because I've been too busy with homework. Any suggestions for cake flavors to pair that with?

-allison

Staceface81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Staceface81 Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 3:47pm
post #17 of 20

I have used the liquid coffee creamer in my icing and not refrigerated it............everything was fine.

Wendoger Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 4:02pm
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac2steachk

I have a bottle of liquid chocolate mint flavor. I haven't used it yet because I've been too busy with homework. Any suggestions for cake flavors to pair that with?

-allison

Oooohhh! Most definately a chocolate cake! Like a peppermint pattieicon_wink.gif

dmcclend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmcclend Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 7:42pm
post #19 of 20

When using the coffee creamer is this the only liquid you use or do you also include other exctrats in the icing?

Wendoger Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 8:52pm
post #20 of 20

Either or....if I'm doing vanilla creamer, I dont add any flavorings cuz it comes out tasting like cotton candy to me...I love it....but if I do a flavorless creamer, I will add an extract.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%