Hi Ratio Shortening?

Decorating By disneynutbsv Updated 20 Mar 2008 , 4:01pm by grannys3angels

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 6

Where do you find this? How is it different from other shortenings?

5 replies
Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 6

There are a few places to order, intotheoven.com, countrykitchensa.com. and a few others. Some sell in small containers or the 50#.

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 6

Sorry, I forgot the answer you second question. It is a shortening made just for frostings. It is a smoother texture and for some people they say it doesn't leave that greasy feeling in their mouths. You use a little less of it than you would regular shortening. It is higher priced then shortening from the stores, but worth it.

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 3:43pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks!

joaaaann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joaaaann Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 3:51pm
post #5 of 6

I had wondered about this myself. I was in a grocery store last weekend and saw a 25LB tub of shortening and It was on sale and so I was looking frantically for the 'ratio status' haha. I never did find it tho. It didnt say a thing about 'ratio'. I guess this is why. Too bad. I'd like to find this 'high ratio' shortening in a local store 'convienently'. However I can still find good ol' Crisco before they made the changes but it's only at one store that I can find it nowadays.

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 4:01pm
post #6 of 6

Here is a thread were you can find lots of info on hi-ratio shortening. Info on where to buy, whats kinds of hi-ratio and much more.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-219731-.html

God Bless,
Sharon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%