How Would You Do This W/ Buttercream?

Decorating By dandelion56602 Updated 20 Mar 2008 , 3:46pm by all4cake

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 4

I like this style of cake & know I've seen it in buttercream before, but i didn't have it saved. So, how would you go about piping the grass in buttercream? I'm thinking of just drop flowers, or if I have time to make little fondant flowers.

3 replies
getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 3:43pm
post #2 of 4

You could do the grass with a leaf tip - even open the tip up a bit so you don't get as much of a 'vein' down the middle.


joaaaann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joaaaann Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 3:45pm
post #3 of 4

Just a basic 'leaf tip' oughta do. Just stripe the sides with a long extending motion. I've made long blades of grass this way in the past when doing floral cakes at an 'all buttercream' type bakery.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 3:46pm
post #4 of 4

a tip 67or 68 will give you similar look...kinda sorta...

Quote by @%username% on %date%