Anyone Recommend Where To Purchase Bubble Tea Straws?

Decorating By steffla Updated 8 Apr 2008 , 3:18am by SweetResults

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 5:02am
post #1 of 10

I would like to try them instead of dowels as I have often heard suggested on here but want to find a safe, reliable site to purchase them. Anyone have any recommendations??? TIA

Steph

9 replies
2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 7:39am
post #2 of 10

I would love to know this also.... thumbs_up.gif

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 1:39pm
post #3 of 10

Check your phone book to see if you have an Asian grocery store in your area. If you do, you can probably get them there and save shipping. I get mine at a local Asian grocery for 99 cents for a 50-pack.

A website I've heard people mention on here is called Boba Tea Direct. http://www.bobateadirect.com/ I've never ordered from them, so I can't tell you anything about them from personal experience.

HTH,
Deanna

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 2:02pm
post #4 of 10

I ordered from www.bobateadirect.com and got them very cheap...

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 2:23pm
post #5 of 10

Do these straws really work when stacking cakes, especially the larger tiers?????? Would love to know because I hate cutting dowels and sanding etc.

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 1:00am
post #6 of 10

Miss robin I am wondering the same thing but I think I am just going to try and see what I think! I'll let you know!

Thanks for the info everyone, I will check those out

Steph

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 1:00am
post #7 of 10

Yeah, if you have an asian market near you they will have then, super cheap usually.

They are sturdy. I helped a friend make a cake for our hometown's 125th b-day and we stacked a 10" square on like 8 half sheet cakes on 16 half sheets and we only used those straws for support. It had to sit pretty much all day and didn't shift or anything. As long as you cut them straight, they're good.

lolabunny7178 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolabunny7178 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 10:43am
post #8 of 10

Iwish I'd have known this a year ago. I owned a coffee shop and bought them by the case. I don't know if I still have any in storage or not. I found a package in the house the other day and threw them away. Gasp! Looking back it does seem they would be a great choice for support. Easy to cut and pretty strong.

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 11:19am
post #9 of 10

I just ordered three packs from that site. Can't wait to try them!

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:18am
post #10 of 10

eBay and they work great!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%