Wilton Shamrock Pan??

Decorating By MissLady85 Updated 20 Mar 2008 , 2:19am by MissLady85

MissLady85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissLady85 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 8:23am
post #1 of 4

Has anyone had any problems with the Shamrock pan?? I tried to use it Monday, and im hoping that it was just the red velvet cake that dint like the pan! But the middle rose like you wouldn't believe, problem is thats about the only thing that did!! So i scrapped that idea and did 3 hearts and arranged them into a Shamrock (now the red velvet did great in the heart pans) and iced them with Green cream cheese icing! (quick fix and i didnt have to deal with the pan... any advise for this pan???

3 replies
AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 1:02pm
post #2 of 4

Oh no! I have this pan, but I haven't used it yet. I have noticed with several of my other Wilton character pans that certain sections of them won't rise. I've almost given up on them. thumbsdown.gif

Marzbar71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marzbar71 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 4

I just used this pan over the weekend and didn't have any trouble with it. It raised a little but no more than any other cake that I didn't use the Bake Even strips on.

I just pressed it down with a clean dishcloth as soon as it came out of the oven - ta da! Nice and flat.

MissLady85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissLady85 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 2:19am
post #4 of 4

I never thought of pressing it down...i might just have to use a little more batter next time around. ( i just didnt have the time to fool with it, my two year old was 'helping' )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%