Help Getting My Buttercream Smooth.. Any Advice?????????

Decorating By Amanda80 Updated 23 Mar 2008 , 2:24am by Amanda80

Amanda80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amanda80 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 12:29pm
post #1 of 7

I have only made three cakes..... But I had trouble getting my buttercream smooth and in some parts it looked cracked..... I am a bit of a perfectionest so it just drove me crazy when my cakes weren't smooth icon_mad.gif ... I used the Fuax fondent butercream II(think thats the name) and chocolate buttercream II.... I would appreciate any advice I can get.... icon_smile.gif

6 replies
sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 1:02pm
post #2 of 7

First of all, have the right recipe at the right consistency is key. if it does not have enough fat it in, or of it si too soft, you will have rpoblems.

Can you post the recipe you used?

second, make a batch with as little air as possible to start with.

third, I use a hot bench scraper, then viva, and then typing paper to get my cakes smooth.

here is a thread with all my tips in it, and a youtube video of how to get that icing made with no air in it.

feel free to PM me if you need to.

Also, do a search for the melvira method. A lot of folks here use that and like it.

HTH

Amanda80 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 1:07pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks for all the great advice icon_smile.gif ..The two recipes I used I got here on CC in the frosting section under buttercream... I'm not sure how to post it on here. I'm a little new to all of this...

Delphine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Delphine Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 1:22pm
post #4 of 7

Have you tried the Melvira method?
It's in the articles

Delphine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Delphine Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 1:30pm
post #5 of 7

icon_redface.gif

I guess I skipped over the last line of sugarshack's post.

icon_redface.gif

Amanda80 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 4:34pm
post #6 of 7

No I haven't tried the Melvira method... I'll have to look it up cause I wasn't sure were to find it.. Thanks for the tip Delphine....

Amanda80 Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 2:24am
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the advice it helped alot.. My cakes were alot smoother thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%