Cupcakes For Weddings

Decorating By vicky Updated 18 Mar 2008 , 2:45pm by AnnieBaker

vicky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicky Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 12:58am
post #1 of 5

Hi,
I'm trying to help a newbie with a wedding cake order. She has cupcakes for the wedding cake for her first order. When figuring how many to make, am I right to say that only one cupcake per guest? These are not mini cupcakes. Thanks for the help.
icon_smile.gif
Thanks. 'Vicky

4 replies
Ro40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ro40 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 1:04am
post #2 of 5

I leave that up to the bridge and groom. Since they are cupcakes, most want a few extra because they know they will have some guests who will eat more than one.

Classycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Classycakes Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 1:06am
post #3 of 5

I usually recommend minimum 5% but preferably 10% extra. So for every 100 cupcakes, there would be 5-10 extra ones. A lot of people will eat more than one so it's better to have a few too many than not enough!

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 5

Are they the only dessert being served?

While I've never done cupcakes for weddings, I typically plan on having 2 per person for the occasions that I have done them for. It always left a few (but not a lot) left over, but they were the only "sweet" being served.

AnnieBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieBaker Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 2:45pm
post #5 of 5

I agree with the 5% rule. If the bride and groom leave it up to you, it is better to have too many than too litte. If they have the number in their head, I would always make a few extra just to be on the safe side. You can never have too many cupcakes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%