Cheese Cake Wedding Cake

Baking By tarheel Updated 25 Apr 2008 , 3:16pm by cakegrandma

tarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheel Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 8

My neice is wanting a "cheesecake" wedding cake. Has anyone done this? Do you have recipes, tips to share? Fairly small reception...around 100 people.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

7 replies
daveilg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daveilg Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 3:21am
post #2 of 8

Does she want cheese cake or cream cheese cake? There is a difference. If she wants the cream cheese cake, it's more like a pound cake and tastes great and easy enough to work with. There are recipes here on CC for that one. If you can't find one let me know and I'll email mine to you!

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 3:47am
post #3 of 8

be aware of cheesecake wedding cakes for two reasons. the cake will be sitting out at the recetions for several hours out of the food safety danger zone. this may cause some concern among those who are afraid of foodborne illness.

the second reason is that i've noticed many people don't like cheasecake and would either start talking or not eat it, which could end up being costly in the long run.

I had a bride dead set on chreesecake for her wedding, but after talking her down, she went with tradiaitional cake cupcakes.

Good luck. The more I read, the less and less people tend to want to steer brides away from this option.

THT

Jessica

tarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheel Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 2:44am
post #4 of 8

Thanks for your responses. I think she is open to various types of cheesecake. If you could email your recipe I'm going to start trying some, tomorrow!

I don't really want to steer her into something else. She's one of my favorite niece's, the 7th niece/nephew to get married in the last 4 years and I understand her wanting something different. She is however, very agreeable for it not to be your usual, typical cheesecake.

Do you mind emailing me your recipe!

[email protected]

Thanks!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 2:53am
post #5 of 8

Is she planning on 100% cheesecake? Is she having any 'regular' cake for the traditionalists in the family?

I just always try to keep brides reminded that they are hosting a large event and they need to be considerate of their guests. And contrary to public opinion, no, it's NOT true that "..... everyone likes cheesecake."

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 2:54am
post #6 of 8

Cheesecake wedding cake threads:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-204911-.html
(Includes Alton Brown's cheesecake recipe.)
Also includes threads on stacking & decorating cheesecakes.

HTH

penguinprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penguinprincess Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 10:28pm
post #7 of 8

I had cheesecakes at our wedding receptions. I provided plain cheescake and then 2 toppings for people to put on their slice-- oreo crumbs and frest strawberies with a sauce. People really loved the idea!

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 3:16pm
post #8 of 8

I hope this does not get to you too late for the wedding as I have not been able to go through the forums for a while. I did an 8 layer cheese cake wedding cake and it was perfect. I made 4 separate tiers of the same flavors and put each layer on foam board that I had Michael's cut to 1/4 inch smaller than the bottom of the cake pan. I made them all in square cake pans and kept them frozen until I left for the reception. I stacked them on the foam boards and on top of each other. When I was done I iced them in Rich's Bettercreme and decorated with it and then put a separator plate and pillars for the top tier. Since they were frozen all worked out well. I think if she wants cheese cakes then I would do them for her and just keep them frozen until setting them up. If I can help you email me a [email protected] and please put cheesecakes in the subject line. I hope this has helped you and isn't too late.
evelyn

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%