Wrapping A Cake In Chocolate Thread Explanation

Decorating By ShirleyW Updated 31 Mar 2008 , 7:17am by ShirleyW

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 9

It seems we have only lost the last 2 pages of the chocolate wrap thread. But if you try to post a reply to that final page 13 you will get the "This topic does not exist" message. So, if you have any questions or I can help, please PM me.

8 replies
NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 9

Shirley --you are just a wonderful person!! It never ceases to amaze me how much the CC family is willing to share. Thanks for letting us pick your brain.

ShirleyW Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 8:30pm
post #3 of 9

Aaaw, thanks icon_redface.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 4:49am
post #4 of 9

maybe they could post the questions here? so everyone can read and you won't get asked the same questions over and over?

ShirleyW Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 5:45am
post #5 of 9

Well they would have to read the first pages of the original thread for the explanation of how they are done and see examples of members work. After that if they have questions, sure, they can post them here, or PM me.

travelgirlut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
travelgirlut Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 4:24am
post #6 of 9

Couldn't post this to the other thread so figured I'd put it here!

After reading all the wonderful help on this thread I was able to do my first wrapped cake! I ended up using waxed paper as my chocolate backing and Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips. It worked great! Here is the result:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1204614.html

Thanks, Shirley, for your wonderful instructions!

Amanda

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 6:28am
post #7 of 9

I have asked this question in hte "How to do a chocolate transfer" without any luck. Hopefully Shirley can help!
How would you do a chocolate wrap on a square cake? Thanks for all your help!

Angie

ShirleyW Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 7:13am
post #8 of 9

Amanda I am happy it worked for you. I can't seem to open your photo but think it is just the usual gallery glitch. I will try it again later.

Angie I haven't tried a square wrap myself but I think it would work the same way. I would start the wrap in the middle of the cake side rather than a corner, then just wrap around as closely as you can get to the corners and end it in the back of the cake where you first started. I would also start the wrap in the same way I do the round, get the bottom edge of the Mylar in as close to the bottom of your cake as possible, and at an angle towards your body and then move your hands up until the wrap is standing upright and touching the cake itself. Don't try and smooth the wrap with your hand, it will leave dents or a wobbly look to the finished wrap.

ShirleyW Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 7:17am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgirlut

Couldn't post this to the other thread so figured I'd put it here!

After reading all the wonderful help on this thread I was able to do my first wrapped cake! I ended up using waxed paper as my chocolate backing and Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips. It worked great! Here is the result:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1204614.html

Thanks, Shirley, for your wonderful instructions!

Amanda

Amanda I am impressed! How in the world did you get the scalloped effect in the wrap? I can see that you cut a scallop design in the top of the wrap, but am fascinated by the way the entire wrap itself is in scallops. That looks really cool.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%