Materials For Wilton 3 Course

Decorating By Tomoore Updated 6 Jan 2007 , 4:41am by kdbobo

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 2:27am
post #1 of 4

What materials do I need for the first 2 sessions of the Wilton 3 course?

3 replies
sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 2:50am
post #2 of 4

There are quite a few supplies. You might be better off purchasing the Student Kit. Other supplies in addition to the student kit: practice board, meringue powder, parchment paper triangles, ready to use fondant, piping gel, Tips 1, 2, 3, 5, 16, 27, and 104.

kimmy37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmy37 Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 3:18am
post #3 of 4

You'll definitely need your course 3 kit. I'm sure each course instructor runs things differently. In our first class we had to bring an 8" or maybe it was 10" iced cake and 80 white apple blossoms. We did a cake out of the book with apple blossoms and string work.... a lot of cussing in that class. She gave us the recipe for MMF in that class, and we made the gift cake the next week. In addition to the kit, you'll need fondant, a rolling pin or fondant roller, some shortening, a pizza cutter or fondant cutter. There is a list in the course 3 book, and if I remember right, the list for the second class was pretty accurate. We never learned the fondant roses though. Have you gotten the book yet? It should be helpful. Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

kdbobo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdbobo Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 4:41am
post #4 of 4

I had my first Wilton 3 class yesterday. We used:

the Student Kit (several of the tips, the Cake Decorating Guide, and the small flower cutter)

Practice buttercream--stiff, medium, and thin consistencies

Practice Board

several bags

Wilton fondant (the small box is more than enough)

Toothpicks

Clear Vanilla

Gel Colors

Crisco

For next week we have to bring a 2-layer, iced, 8-in cake along with the rose centers we made last night and our leftover colored fondant...and the bow patterns from the course guide, laminated. There may be a few other things but I can't recall right now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%