2Nd Series Ace Of Cakes

Decorating By newlywedws Updated 26 Jan 2007 , 5:23am by CakesUnleashed

newlywedws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newlywedws Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 1:47am
post #1 of 38

Yeah...so happy they renewed for another series! It starts on 18 January!

37 replies
oolala Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oolala Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 1:51am
post #2 of 38

Oh, I can't wait... icon_biggrin.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 1:54am
post #3 of 38

Yes, I am looking forward to seeing new episodes. January 18, 10:30 PM EST.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 2:07am
post #4 of 38

I don't go out of my way to watch it, but I just can't turn the channel when it's on. I love his staff and the cakes they make are wonderful (expensive, but wonderful)

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 3:06am
post #5 of 38

I can't wait! I love that show!

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 3:16am
post #6 of 38

That is exactly like the place I would like to have. I mentioned it to my husband and my son (a sculpter) and he is dating a girl who is graduating with a degree in ceramics and sculpts too. They both remind me a lot of Duff and his staff. Just dreaming!

AlamoSweets Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 3:17am
post #7 of 38

I forgot to ask. Did anyone see how he made a rose for the Brownies the other night? I tried it and it WORKS! It makes a very neat flower.

moejoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moejoe Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 3:22am
post #8 of 38

It is about time. I am so tired of repeats.

tugboat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tugboat Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 2:28pm
post #9 of 38

The first time I watched it was the marathon they had on at New Years and I absolutely loved the show, so I will definitely watch this next season! Duff is one talented man and has alot of good helpers as well!

bearcreek350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bearcreek350 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 2:33pm
post #10 of 38

I can't wait for the 2nd season. I'm tired of repeats too. The show staff are great especially the receptionist! Too funny... my son looks alot like Duff...he's into computers though....oh well.... icon_biggrin.gif

Chefperl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chefperl Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 2:40pm
post #11 of 38

I know every episode by heart. I have them on my Tivo and I wont let my hubby delete them . I live in baltimore and had a chance to speak to him. He is the nicest guy. Sometimes fame goes to peoples heads, but not Duff. He was so sweet. I am secretly in love with him...but my husband knows.

oolala Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oolala Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:03pm
post #12 of 38

I can't believe they would show repeats icon_mad.gif .. The only thing that changed is the time..

Why bother calling it "2nd Series" if they are repeats.. who are they kidding ???? isn't that stupid ?? thumbsdown.gif I am so sick and tired of repeats..
It's the same thing with their Challenge shows, all repeats .

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:11pm
post #13 of 38

I went to his website and emailed in a question, and Mary Alice, the receptionist, answered in about 1 to 2 days. Very prompt, with how busy their shop is. I love that show too!

QueLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueLinda Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:21pm
post #14 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamoSweets

I forgot to ask. Did anyone see how he made a rose for the Brownies the other night? I tried it and it WORKS! It makes a very neat flower.

I watched that episode but didn't catch the rose portion.

Do you suppose you might be able to explain how to do it.

I'm making a cake this weekend and was thinking of putting roses on it.

Thanks

Danishwiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danishwiz Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:21pm
post #15 of 38

I can't wait for new episodes. I don't have them saved in my tivo but I will re-watch them whenever they are on. I personally think Geoff is too funny, he is always cracking me up. My husband loves the show too.

Chefperl - I am so jealious, I love Duff too. I can't believe you got to meet him.

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:24pm
post #16 of 38

Thanks for the update. I can't wait for new episodes of Ace of Cakes!

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:33pm
post #17 of 38

I can't watch anymore.... Here in Orlando, FL they show it at 10:30pm, and that's too late for me. icon_rolleyes.gif

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:28pm
post #18 of 38

I love Geoff. Like how he avoided the Brownie Scouts when they came by parking on the other side of the building and coming in through the back, just so he could work on getting other stuff done. I think Mary-Alice (receptionist) is just great. Yeah. They're cool.

AlamoSweets Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 4:47am
post #19 of 38

Sorry I didn't get on until now to explain the rose techinique. My DH found out today he has to have double by-pass surgery Tuesday.

Duff cut out 3 circles of fondant and laid them on top of each other about 1/3 overlap. He had a brush with piping gel on it and brushed once down the center of all and then just rolled them up. You can see the look on my recently posted wedding cake shaped cookies in my photos. If you are careful you can make a cut in the middle of the roll and both ends become flower. They are so easy to make and they are a unique looking flower.

Since I am having to accept a job at the hospital during the night shift in order to get better insurance and afford it to boot, I may not be able to continue making cakes. If a miracle should happen I will certainly be using Duff's techniques. He is a great person and enjoys his art so very much. I wish we could all be so happy about what we are doing.

charmcitycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charmcitycakes Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 5:51am
post #20 of 38

Hey Everyone! I haven't logged on to Cake Central in ages because we've been insanely swamped with normal craziness plus filming...but I wanted to thank you for plugging the new season of the show! Season 2 is 13 new episodes which, per the posts above, begin Thursday January 18th at 10:30pm. We can't thank you enough for your support and encouragement! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and happy happy 2007 to all!

xoxo

Mary Alice
Charm City Cakes

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 5:58am
post #21 of 38

Hi Mary Alice... can't wait 'till the 18th! BIG fans here! How cool is that you take the time to post! Awesome and thanks! thumbs_up.gif

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 5:58am
post #22 of 38

Thank you so much for staying in contact with us. I certainly look forward to the new episodes and new creations!

Amy

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 6:00am
post #23 of 38

Marcia,

You need to tape it or have a friend tape it. Just like CC you learn alot.

My husband and I never miss a show. My son who is 32 is a huge fan, even tho he doesn't decorate cakes. No, he doesn't live at home.

We will have a lot to talk about. thumbs_up.gif

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 6:09am
post #24 of 38

To Charm City Cakes: Thank you for taking the time to post here at Cake Central - we all love your show in Houston. And, Mary A you rock!!!!

flourgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourgrl Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 4:38pm
post #25 of 38

You guys are getting a 2nd season??
We FINALLY just got to watch our first episode of this show here in Canada! I LOVE IT....very inspiring!
Can't wait for more shows, finally there is a reason to watch Food Network again!

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 4:49pm
post #26 of 38

how cool was that??????
awesome!!!!
I can't wait for the new season to start. I recorded the marathon shows on New Years Eve, because I just got the DVR that records shows....It's great.
I may have to go watch the shows again!!

just hearing from Mary Alice, makes my want to get my rear in gear for my bridal show in April.

so, I am off to cover dummy cakes in fondant. mmf I love the stuff, but hate to make it...so messy. but its what I can afford..

have a great day!

melody

Mrs262 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs262 Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 5:07pm
post #27 of 38

I love that show!! Our kids drop everything to watch the recorded shows that I have. Duff and his crew make everything so awesome! I loved the episode where they made the bushel of crabs for that restaurant's anniversary. Then they asked him to cut the cake, lol. He doesn't cut cakes and he doesn't make cookies icon_biggrin.gif

missyv110 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyv110 Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 6:36pm
post #28 of 38

Mary Alice, thanks for posting. I'm also in Canada and got my first 'taste' of Ace last night on the Canadian Food Network (have already emailed them raving about it).

Flourgrl is right on the money. It's funny and interesting and goes by WAY too fast. My husband said "Finally, a Food Network show with really cool characters".

It's sooo good and gives me my tv CakeFix. Thanks!

EDITED TO ADD: Canadian CCers: Here is the link to upcoming episodes airing on the Canadian Food Network:
http://www.foodtv.ca/ontv/titledetails.aspx?titleid=104804

flourgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourgrl Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 1:49am
post #29 of 38

Thanks for the link missyv110!

I can't wait to see more....I already got some good ideas for upcoming cakes from that one episode! Finally my kind of people on TV!

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 2:16am
post #30 of 38

Mary Alice, can you tell we love it when you post? I just love Ace of Cakes. I get so many ideas from there, even just all the great cakes in the background as y'all talk to the camera! Love your show so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%