Help With Ice Cream Cakes...

Decorating By SILVERCAT Updated 5 Jan 2007 , 9:06pm by SILVERCAT

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 10:23pm
post #1 of 4

Hello all. I am trying to get my thoughts together as my daughter is approaching her 1st birthday in Feb. I have already figured out what cake molds I want to use for that. I want to make one a ice cream cake, but not to sure of that. I will be using wilton's flower or butterfly mold. If I follow the directions in the "How to make a Ice Cream Cake" can I d this with a mold pan like this? Also I was thinking that one cake isn't going to feed everyone so I was thinking about making two and torting them and using ice cream as the filling for which ever one I decide to do for the ice cream cake. Will that be too much weight? Also How long does it need to be out of the freezer before it is soft enough to serve? How early in advance can I make the cake and keep it in the freezer before the party? Thanks in advance, I know I am early but I am just trying to make sure I have everything planned out just so!

3 replies
SILVERCAT Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 4

Nobody can help me with this idea??

Junecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Junecakes Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 8:10pm
post #3 of 4

Silvercat- I can only let you in on things I have learned by error! Make sure your cake is frozen before you fill with ice cream. I have only done 9x13 and 8 inch rounds. I had a hard time with the round the first time because my cake wasn't frozen thoroughly. The client wanted whipped topping and it kept melting off the sides. It seemed 10-15 minutes at room temp worked for me to let it get soft enough to serve (that is after it finally froze!) That's all I got icon_sad.gif Hope that helps!

Cindy

SILVERCAT Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 9:06pm
post #4 of 4

Hmm, maybe I should give this a try before her bday! That way I don't have a diaster! Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%