Am I The Only One?

Decorating By TheCakerator Updated 4 Jan 2007 , 9:30pm by TheCakerator

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 16

Noticing how slow cake central seems to be lately? My computer is brand new, and every other site on the whole internet is moving incredibley fast. I have a cable modem, its not dial up, but when I click on a tab, picture, or question, it seems like it takes FOREVER for anything to happen, and the most common thing to pop up is an error page ... its soo frustrating!! anyone else having this problem??

15 replies
Firstlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Firstlady Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 16

I was thinking the same thing. I know yesterday they took the site down for about 30 minutes so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it.

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 8:27pm
post #3 of 16

hmmmm, dunno bout this prob, could be your antivirus software or something but don't quote me on it. here's a bump for ya though so that more enlightened minds can help ya.

caixa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caixa Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 16

Yup, I noticed too. is pretty anoying thumbsdown.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 8:34pm
post #5 of 16

You are not alone & I am having a problem viewing pictures in the gallery.

June

okred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okred Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 8:36pm
post #6 of 16

I agree the speed today is not normal. They must be having technical difficulties!

mbalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbalis Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 8:38pm
post #7 of 16

Yes, it's slower than normal.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 8:39pm
post #8 of 16

Now I am unhappy, I can't even get into the Gallery at all. I wonder what the problem is? Hope it gets fixed soon, I am so addicted to this site, I have withdrawel symptoms when something goes wrong.!!!!!
June

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 8:40pm
post #9 of 16

Glad you brought it up.

I have called my computer everything in the book, icon_redface.gif it is a little out dated, so I just naturally thought it was it.

Glad to know that I am not the only one.

simplysweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweetcakes Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 8:43pm
post #10 of 16

yesterday and today have been considerably slower than usual for me too.

bearcreek350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bearcreek350 Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 8:45pm
post #11 of 16

I thought it was just my slow ol dial-up.....but I noticed it was slower than norma. Especially looking at pics

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 8:53pm
post #12 of 16

I have a new computer and DSL and was feeling like I've wasted my money on the DSL, it has been so slow the last couple of days.

Glad somebody brought it up, so I can stop with the fussing and fuming.

Not too long ago, maybe yesterday in the limiting photo thread Heath said there is no problem with the website, hmmm.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 8:59pm
post #13 of 16

A comment and a suggestion:

First, let me say that we have so very many members, over 60,000 of us now, and if we are all on CC at the same time, it is going to tie up the web pages and we will either experience very slow page loading, or timeouts.

In my own watched topics and PMs, I found that if I do not keep up with clearing out old topics or PMs that I do not want to keep, I end up with pages and pages of them.

Perhaps it is like clearing out temporary files in our computer caches. If we all take the time to clear out the old info we no longer want, maybe it will free up memory for the website, and help pages load faster.

Just a couple of theories for us to ponder. Heath, are you out there? What is your opinion?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 9:18pm
post #14 of 16

I was trying to send some instructions in a pm yesterday and I was getting error messages....I haven't tried it yet today. But, generally, the site has been slower for the past couple of days.

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 9:22pm
post #15 of 16

I've been noticing the same thing!!! My computer is pretty slow as well... and it is new as well!

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 9:30pm
post #16 of 16

well its nice to know I am not the only one! I dont usually keep p.m.'s or too many photos on my computer and my hubby has a computer science degree and he said its not our computer so I think the site must be bogged down a little .. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%