Golf/golf Ball Cupcakes Anyone?

Decorating By gcc Updated 4 Jan 2007 , 9:05am by gcc

gcc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gcc Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 8:01am
post #1 of 5

Hi, I have just been asked to do golf themed cupcakes.

I've looked in the gallery but I can only see large cakes.

Does anyone have any ideas for me, please?I work better from pictures if you have any.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 replies
cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 8:19am
post #2 of 5

how about using a chocolate mold to do the golf balls and place them on top of green icing piped to look like grass. If you look in my photos at my golf cake you can see the molded golf balls, hard to tell in pic but the mold had different things on the top of the ball like the words par, eagle etc. HTH

Or you could mold them out of fondant and us tip to get the texture of the ball.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 8:30am
post #3 of 5

Well, you can do cupcakes like the ornament cupcakes that were so popular this past holiday season, or half-ball cakes with the following decorations:

Cover with white fondant.
Any writing should be painted or stamped on before embossing.
Emboss to put the dimples on with a grater, like we do to make the dimples in marzipan or fondant molded oranges or lemons.

You could even do this with buttercream, but you would have to freeze them and get the icing hard before you write on them, or try embossing them.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

socake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
socake Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 8:34am
post #4 of 5

I found these on the internet somewhere, sorry I can't remember who made them!
LL

gcc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gcc Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 9:05am
post #5 of 5

Hi & thanks,

cocakedecorator....your golf cake looks great, and I like the molded golf balls..that could be an easy option for me.

tmriga,....what a great idea to use a grater to put the dimples on the golf balls. All your ideas are really appreciated.

socake....thanks for the picture. the cupcakes are so ideal for what I was imagining. I'll take a closer look at all the components.

Thanks all,
Karen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%