Decorating Pet Peeves!

Decorating By cakemommy Updated 6 Jan 2007 , 1:09am by katy625

CupCake13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupCake13 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 3:11pm
post #91 of 94

My biggest peeve is that dh will eat my frosting faster than I can make it (and then he whines about the weight he's gaining - gee, you don't say!)

My kids always want to stick their fingers in the cakes. They're TEENAGERS. (at least I can threaten them with death)

Technicolor hands - oy. I was 'blessed' with large hands. So gloves don't usually fit well.

And I hate clean up too. So I usually leave a bowl of hot water on the sink for tips as I'm done with them.

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 3:44pm
post #92 of 94

Third Submission

Okay, okay, okay, just one more thing.....setting up my still life photo area each time I finish a cake and tearing it down after I check the photo's. I gotta get a permanent one that is always set-up!

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 12:32am
post #93 of 94

My pet peeves are these:
1. Cakes with piped dots on them with pointy tips. I just want to shout "PUSH THE POINTS DOWN!" icon_eek.gif

2. Cake photos with clutter in the background. Someone takes a lot of time and effort to decorate their cake then takes a photo of it with mess in the background. thumbsdown.gif Totally takes away from the cake and is distracting because if you're like me, you look to see what all that mess really is. Drives me nuts!

3. Lastly, like mentioned above, tips that get clogged. Especially when you're doing straight line work and don't want a gap or a blob in the line.

KimAZ

katy625 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katy625 Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 1:09am
post #94 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAZ

My pet peeves are these:
1. Cakes with piped dots on them with pointy tips. I just want to shout "PUSH THE POINTS DOWN!" icon_eek.gif

2. Cake photos with clutter in the background. Someone takes a lot of time and effort to decorate their cake then takes a photo of it with mess in the background. thumbsdown.gif Totally takes away from the cake and is distracting because if you're like me, you look to see what all that mess really is. Drives me nuts!

3. Lastly, like mentioned above, tips that get clogged. Especially when you're doing straight line work and don't want a gap or a blob in the line.

KimAZ

Then my pics must be driving you batty!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%