40Th Birthday, Not Girly, But For A Girl...

Decorating By Iheartcake Updated 6 Jan 2007 , 8:55pm by Crimsicle

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 9

I have to make a 40th B-day cake for this saturday, for about 30 people. It's for a mother of twin girls, who is not overly girly, so I'd prefer nothing flowery, but I'm stumped. I was thinking maybe some kind of outdoorsy theme. Any ideas or pics would be GREATLY appreciated icon_smile.gif

8 replies
finnox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finnox Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 4:07pm
post #2 of 9

Well I have seen some that are done in flower pots. It has flowers poking out of the top as it it was a flower pot and then the pot is the cake. That way it is outdoor like but not that girly.

alicia_froedge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicia_froedge Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 9

You can look in my profile at a cake I did. It is two tiered, with a green, white, and pink color scheme. I made her name, SARA, out of melted chocolates and placed on top. It was for a lady's 30th Birthday.

alicia_froedge Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 4:08pm
post #4 of 9

You can look in my profile at a cake I did. It is two tiered, with a green, white, and pink color scheme. I made her name, SARA, out of melted chocolates and placed on top. It was for a lady's 30th Birthday.

alicia_froedge Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 4:09pm
post #5 of 9

alicia_froedge Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 4:09pm
post #6 of 9

icon_smile.gif Didn't mean to post it 3 times!!

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 1:04am
post #7 of 9

i just done this as a dummy, but it is easily made out of cake...

if you like the design and shape you can pm me and i will explain the process of putting it together.

kylie
LL

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 1:12am
post #8 of 9

I've got a couple of flower pot cakes in my photos - that's a pretty neat idea and they are pretty easy to make also.
You could also do a gift box cake....
Please post end results icon_smile.gif

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 8:55pm
post #9 of 9

I love the cakes done with fondant applications of various sized circles and dots in assorted colors. Depending on the color choice, I think those are suitable for just about anybody.

Same thing for fondant stripes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%