Buttercream Frosting Question

Decorating By katcat200 Updated 10 Feb 2005 , 3:53pm by prettytoya

katcat200 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katcat200 Posted 9 Feb 2005 , 9:34pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a cake the night before for a school function on Valentines Day. I have never made my own icing so I was wondering, do I need to refrigerate the cake overnight and during the day of the event or will it be ok at room temp? Dumb Question but this will also be my first cake icon_rolleyes.gif

4 replies
prettytoya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettytoya Posted 9 Feb 2005 , 10:16pm
post #2 of 5

Hello! Room temperature is fine if you are making a standard buttercream icing.It's when we get into perishables (fresh fruit, etc.) that refrigeration is required. I will be making cakes all day Sunday to distribute on Monday-LOL! icon_lol.gif

Happy Cake Baking!

Prettytoya

katcat200 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katcat200 Posted 9 Feb 2005 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 5

I am making this for an organization I used to be involved in at my old high school! I'm now in college and am back at this school doing field experience as i am majoring in education, so I volunteered to make this cake for the kids with mental and physical handicaps, which is what this organization deals with! As this is my first cake I hope it turns out well icon_smile.gif If it does I will post the picture as I am making my own design!

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 9 Feb 2005 , 10:39pm
post #4 of 5

I'm sure it will be great. Post it either way- whether you like it or not. We'll either truthfully convince you it wasn't bad at all or help you by giving you tips on improving your next cake. You have nothing to lose by posting it.

prettytoya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettytoya Posted 10 Feb 2005 , 3:53pm
post #5 of 5

Good for you! Post the pictures either way!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%