How Much For Cookies?

Decorating By Meeka Updated 8 Aug 2005 , 5:29pm by melodyscakes

Meeka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meeka Posted 8 Aug 2005 , 1:41pm
post #1 of 5

Good morning,
I'm sure this question has been asked over and over, but here it goes again

How much do I need to charge for cookies? not iced cookies but plain old chocolate chip or sugar cookes. Do I go by the Dozen or per cookie?

I brought cookies in to work just to give away, not add to my menu, but the people want to buy them. So they demand... I got to supply! Just don't know how much to charge for them.
I'm dodging a lady today because I don't know what to charge her.

Thanks in advance...

4 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 8 Aug 2005 , 2:10pm
post #2 of 5

I'm in the same boat..people want me to make their Christmas cookies. I sat down and figured up the ingredients and multiplied that by three but the price only came up to $10 per batch (approx. 4 dozen). Granted, I didn't include a cost for the time, labor and so on...I was just trying to get a rough idea on prices. So I was thinking around $15-18 per batch of cookies. Curious what everyone else's opinion is on this!

elena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elena Posted 8 Aug 2005 , 2:42pm
post #3 of 5

now here something i am pretty good at. i sell a lot of cookies. i sell $7.00 a pound and $4.00 half a pound. and decorated cookies are sold $7.00 for 12 and cookie bouquets are $20.00 and up. hope this helps.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 8 Aug 2005 , 4:14pm
post #4 of 5

I do cookie trays at the holidays also.. Here is my pricing.. $9.00/lb boxed I add $4.00 to put them on a tray and add a few candies and wrap the tray in celophane with a bow. so.. 1 lb. $13.00 2 lb $22.00 etc.

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 8 Aug 2005 , 5:29pm
post #5 of 5

thanks you guys! i love to make cookies, hate to sell them because i dont have any idea where to start my prices. i went to the grocery store and the prices were pretty low, but cookie quality it too. anyway, thanks for ideas as to what to price cookies at.
melody

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%