Any Ideas For A White Chocolate And Raspberry Cake?

Decorating By shellyr1982 Updated 1 Jan 2007 , 10:21pm by JaneK

shellyr1982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellyr1982 Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 1:10pm
post #1 of 13

I have promised one of my best friends I would make her a cake involving her favourites white chocolate and raspberry. I want to make something special as it is for her birthday but need some ideas? It only needs to feed up to 20 people. Any recipes or decorating ideas - especially photos - would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shelly

icon_biggrin.gif

12 replies
NikkiDoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiDoc Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 1:24pm
post #2 of 13

Hi Shelly. I'm new to the site and am quickly becoming an addict! A favorite that I make often is a red velvet cake...it has that subtle chocolate flavor, not to overwhelming...German chocolate would probably be similar, but I like the red color of the red velvet. icon_biggrin.gif After the cakes are cooled and set in the frige, I stack and spread each with a thin layer of raspberry jam. (I use Polaner All-Fruit seedless raspberry, it's not as sweet as some and has a great raspberry flavor). I then make a white chocolate cream cheese frosting to frost with. I have considered using a white chocolate ganache, but haven't tried it yet. If you are interested, PM me for the recipes.

NikkiDoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiDoc Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 1:35pm
post #3 of 13

Oops I left out a step...after the cake is spread with jam, I spread cream cheese and white chocolate frosting. Stack and repeat. Sorry.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 1:49pm
post #4 of 13

Check under the recipes section -- there are many awesome cake and filling recipes! icon_smile.gif

EvieP606 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvieP606 Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 1:49pm
post #5 of 13

I recently did 6 months worth of practice cakes on my poor family and friends preparing for a Christmas wedding icon_wink.gif I used the Swiss White Chocoloate Cake recipe from this website for one of the layers and used the all fruit raspberry fruit spread. I frosted with white chocolate cream cheese frosting found in the Wilton Wedding Cake Cookbook and a close match found in the Cake Bible by Rose Levy. That became one of the favorites during the practice. I still ended up chickening out at the last minute icon_redface.gif and used a mix for that layer. I was afraid that with the advance prep time it would end up being too dry or just call it first time jitters icon_lol.gif . The cake disappeared at the wedding (even though the jam bled through all the layers). Your friend is going to be so happy that you are doing this for her. I'm sure no matter what you choose she will cry with joy when she sees the finished product made with love. Good luck, & keep one finger on the mousepad during your creation. This website has truly been a blessing! It's also highly addictive (read the disclaimer) icon_lol.gif

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 2:03pm
post #6 of 13

I made this cake for my best friend's wedding. It's from: Wedding Cakes You Can Make: Designing, Baking, and Decorating the Perfect Wedding Cake by Dede Wilson

Everyone LOVED it. I used raspberry liquor liquid and fresh raspberries too... so yummy and pretty too.

Melissa

EvieP606 Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 2:08pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys

I made this cake for my best friend's wedding. It's from: Wedding Cakes You Can Make: Designing, Baking, and Decorating the Perfect Wedding Cake by Dede Wilson

Everyone LOVED it. I used raspberry liquor liquid and fresh raspberries too... so yummy and pretty too.

Melissa

Melissa, did your raspberry liquor and raspberries bleed into the cake after sitting for several hours? I really would love to try that recipe sounds wonderful! I do know that those flavors are winners for my family and friends. Just curious how you stop the bleeding issue to keep it pretty. Evie

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 2:33pm
post #8 of 13

I had no bleeding issues and it sat overnight in the refrigerator and half the next day and then sat out for a couple hours at the reception.

The liquor was used as a moistening syrup (brushed on each torted layer) and the raspberries I mixed with some of the buttercream for the icing between layers. I made a really good dam on each torted layer and then crumb coated and final coated. Since then, I've discovered the icer tip by Wilton and no longer crumb coat though.

Melissa

EvieP606 Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 2:42pm
post #9 of 13

Thanks Melissa, I will give the syrup a try next go around. I think I can convince my family to give it ONE more bite icon_rolleyes.gif

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 9:48pm
post #10 of 13

Have you thought of a small cake wrapped in white chocolate and fill the top with fresh raspberries?

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 9:56pm
post #11 of 13

Where did you purchase the raspberry liquor??? A liquor store?

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 10:08pm
post #12 of 13

For the raspberry liquor i buy Chambord. It comes in a round bottle adorned with gold. It is really tasty! I get it at grocery stores and liquor stores. If you have a Beverages and More store nearby they sell many different types of flavored alchohol. I like the red velvet cake idea maybe with chamord and raspberries and white chocolate frosting.

Good Luck!

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 10:21pm
post #13 of 13

I made a cake filling in the summer using a recipe from Wilton for Raspberries/cream filling.
It is essentially raspberries frozen in syrup thawed and cooked with whipping cream with cornstarch to thicken..I used liquor in it too..it was very, very yummy and didn't soak into the cake..I let it thicken before use.

I will send the recipe if you want

Jane

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%