Recipes From The Whimsical Bakehouse?

Decorating By emilykakes Updated 5 Jan 2007 , 2:19pm by bobwonderbuns

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 2:10am
post #1 of 11

I just got this book and I was wondering if anyone had any input on the recipes? I am particularly interested in the chocolate chip pound cake, chocolate Butter cake and cookies and cream filling. I am thinking of using them for my son's birthday cake.

10 replies
Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 2:34am
post #2 of 11

I've used the cookies and cream filling, and it is delicious!

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 2:45am
post #3 of 11

Love the cookies and cream filling. Haven't tried the others.

mum1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mum1205 Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 2:00pm
post #4 of 11

I think I bought the book on the same day that you did.

I tried the chocolate butter cake with the cookies and cream filling...very good!!! I covered it in the chocolate glaze however and thought that it was too sweet...still very good though!

I also tried the orange butter cake recipe...that was AMAZING...I just served it with some orange curd, and it was TO DIE FOR!!!!!

chubbycheeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chubbycheeks Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 2:31pm
post #5 of 11

Got this book for Christmas, and just tried the Hazelnut Cake with the Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse filling for my moms birthday. It was very yummy!! I've done the cookies n' cream filling before, and it was very good as well. I can't wait to try the others. icon_wink.gif

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 2:39pm
post #6 of 11

I just checked out the book at the public library and was wondering the same thing I guess this answers my questions the recipe sound delicious I can't wait to try them
Does any one have a favorite?

SuHwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuHwa Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 2:46pm
post #7 of 11

I've had this book for several years now. It is the only "cake" book I've ever bought/owned. I've tried almost every recipe in there and have liked them all. The only one I don't stick too is their lemon curd. I have a fabulous recipe from an older Southern Living book and it is much less time consuming to make.

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 3:12am
post #8 of 11

Can anyone tell me if this book is worth the $$$?? I'm looking to buy the book but I'm not 100% sure if I should, please, any advice??

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 3:20am
post #9 of 11

I have used almost all of the recipes and love them all. The textures and taste combinations are wonderful and the decorating techniques they show you are wonderful. I have found this book to be SO worth the money! It has a permanent place on my counter in a book stand. I get inspired by the cover.

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 3:23am
post #10 of 11

Thank You soo much!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 2:19pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

Can anyone tell me if this book is worth the $$$?? I'm looking to buy the book but I'm not 100% sure if I should, please, any advice??

Whenever I buy a cake book, I usually have Barnes and Noble order it for me. When it comes in, I pick up the book from the counter, find a comfy chair and really scrutinize it. I've found that I've bought books I wouldn't normally have bought and I've also found that not every book is what it's cracked up to be. We can tell you how we like various books, but it's your $$ and you know best what your tastes are. You're making a good start though, asking opinions from the experts! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%