Starbucks Logo?

Decorating By Tinarie Updated 23 Jan 2014 , 8:42pm by AZCouture

Tinarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tinarie Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 11

Hi everyone! I would love to make my husband the Starbucks coffee cake for his birthday but I'm not good enough to make the logo myself. Does anyone have any ideas on printing it. How or where? Thanks for all your help.

10 replies
ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 11

This is the way I did mine. I googled "starbucks logo", saved it to my computer, then printed it out on my edible printer then applied it to my cake.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=starbucks+logo

HTH

Tinarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tinarie Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 11

I don't have an edible printer. Would a supermarket print this logo for me?

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 11

Don't know if a supermarket will print that, you could ask but I bet it's copyrighted and can be reproduced like that. But ask, all they can say is "No".

You can do a save on your computer, print it up and flip it over. Do a FBCT of it. Just a thought. I have done it like that, as well as the edible image.

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 4:45pm
post #5 of 11

I would do a FCBT. I think that's your best bet.
Jacqui

Danishwiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danishwiz Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 5:11pm
post #6 of 11

I have had an M & M logo edible image copied at my local Giant and they never said anything to me about it. So if you don't want to try the FBCT you might want to just try having it copied.

Good Luck!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 8:07pm
post #7 of 11

I don't have an edible image printer either, but what I do is save the logo or picture to my picture files, print it out on my regular printer, make a gumpaste plaque the same size as the logo, let it dry completely on both sides. Then I cut the logo to shape, thin clear corn syrup with just a bit of water and paint it lightly onto the gumpaste plaque, attach the logo and it works well for me.

schiess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schiess Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 8:09pm
post #8 of 11

AIm new to this forum, what does FBTC

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 8:11pm
post #9 of 11

Frozen Buttercream Transfer

schiess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schiess Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 8:37pm
post #10 of 11

AHow is that done? I just called a couple of places and they won't do the logo on rice paper. Other will only do it on a cake that i would have to buy and then attempt to remove but i would have to spend like 40.00 :-\

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 8:42pm
post #11 of 11

AIt's a copyrighted logo, of course you're not going to get anyone to do that for you, any business that doesn't want to get sued, anyways.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%