Royal Christmas Trees

Decorating By SueW Updated 24 Dec 2006 , 7:44pm by SueW

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 24 Dec 2006 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 6

Help please. What tip do I use to do the pull out leaves in royal icing on a sugar come? I am trying to make a tree now and it looks awful. My royal is really sticky and keeps pulling out way too much icon_cry.gif

5 replies
luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 24 Dec 2006 , 5:00pm
post #2 of 6

I've never made one, but wouldn't you use a star tip (any size)? You could also use a grass tip #233. Good luck.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 24 Dec 2006 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 6

Depending on the size of the cone, and the length you want the "branches" to be, you would use a star tip. I would not go any higher than a 16.

You might want to add a little more powdered sugar to your RI. Sift it first, to prevent lumps.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 24 Dec 2006 , 5:20pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW

Help please. What tip do I use to do the pull out leaves in royal icing on a sugar come? I am trying to make a tree now and it looks awful. My royal is really sticky and keeps pulling out way too much icon_cry.gif

Sue
Have you had a look at this tutorial?
http://www.cakecentral.com/article55-Ice-Cream-Cone-Trees-Great-for-Christmas-Cakes.html
I found it really helpful, i made some trees using these instructions last year.
cheers
Nati

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 24 Dec 2006 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 6

Take a look at the CC home page. It gives directions for ice cream cone Christmas trees, and give you the tip numbers.

OOPS! Sorry Boonenati, I didn't see your post!

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 24 Dec 2006 , 7:44pm
post #6 of 6

thanks so much everyone. I can't seem to find these tutorial when I look icon_confused.gif I don't have that tip icon_cry.gif Off to AC Moore to get one and hope they are open on X-mas eve! I tried a tree with the leaf tip # 67 but I am not happy with how it looks. If I have time I will try another one with the proper tip later. I am new to this and somehow got myself into 3 cakes for tomorrow icon_eek.gif What was I thinking.

You guys are the best, thanks for your help thumbs_up.gif

SW

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%