Success With Mmf

Baking By luvbaking Updated 18 Aug 2005 , 11:33pm by luvbaking

luvbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbaking Posted 6 Aug 2005 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 10

Well finally I tried out the MMF last weekend & needless to say It was a success. I followed the recipe with no problems & I will definitely continue to use this stuff.....It's simply awesome to work with....cheap & saves on time thumbs_up.gif I don't have a digital camera so unfortunately I can't post a pic @ this time.

Happy Baking icon_biggrin.gif

9 replies
ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 7 Aug 2005 , 2:21am
post #2 of 10

Isn't it fun luvbaking?? and it tastes really good to me too .. and yes, very cheap.. I can buy a bag of marshmallows for under $1 and the same w/confectioner's sugar .. so it's very cheap to make icon_smile.gif Glad everything went well with the MMF icon_smile.gif

aslate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aslate Posted 7 Aug 2005 , 2:27am
post #3 of 10

I also made the MMF and absolutely loved it!! It was easy and cheap to make. Plus it tastes so much better than the Wilton pre-made stuff. I even added some buttervan to the recipe. DH and kids both loved it. To me, it reminds me of working with playdough as a child. I gave each of my kids some of the MMf to play with while I was working on a cake. They would roll it out, cut it, and then eat it!!

ntertayneme Posted 7 Aug 2005 , 2:30am
post #4 of 10

It is fun to work with aslate.. I remember when I first thought about working with fondant.. I was so intimidated by it .. then after I did it once, I was hooked lol.. I learned about MMF here and I haven't looked back .. I just love the stuff .. I know it has a different texture and some people may not like it, but I really like working with it .. not at all hard to work with to me .. really easy to do icon_smile.gif glad you had a good experience with it too icon_smile.gif

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 11:34am
post #5 of 10

I love MMF too... Great stuff to work with...
I just made a little pink piggie with some...lol..
cakegal

loree001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loree001 Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 11:57am
post #6 of 10

I'm convinced...I'm going to try making MMF and begin playing with fondant, do you think it's too intimidating for a first try? Should I learn on Wilton fondant first? Just curious.

jdogga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdogga Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 12:11pm
post #7 of 10

Can you use MMF for a wedding cake? Does it hold up the same as regular fondant in heat etc...??? I think I am going to try it soon! Also, I have to make some dummy cakes and I was going to use fondant but can I use MMF??

ntertayneme Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 12:46pm
post #8 of 10

Just jump in there and try the MMF loree001 .. It's much, much cheaper than the Wilton fondant ... if it starts to get hard when you're working with it, you can just pop it into your microwave oven for 10-15 seconds and it'll soften right up ... just remember that the recipe from here states you need to use a 2 pound bag of confectioner's sugar and one entire bag of marshmallows (16 ounces).. sometimes it may be a little dry and sometimes it may be a bit sticky .. if too dry, add about a 1/4 teaspoon of water at the time until it moistens somewhat... it too sticky, just add small amounts of confectioner's sugar until it loses the stickiness ... good luck!!

alise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alise Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 7:53pm
post #9 of 10

I used it on a wedding cake and it work great! thumbs_up.gif I will never go back to that other Fondant! thumbsdown.gif

luvbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbaking Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 11:33pm
post #10 of 10

Actually I have'nt had the time to take the wilton classes yet so in the meantime I expreiment on my own. Gotta tell you this stuff is great for people like myself. For those who have'nt tried It maybe you should, trust me like the other ladies say you'll never look back. Not only is it easy to work with but also looks very pretty.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%