Www.cooking.com (A Question For Postal Workers Too!)

Decorating By nglez09 Updated 28 Dec 2006 , 1:48am by surfergina

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 9:32pm
post #1 of 23

I ordered something last Monday (12/11) from cooking.com, Toba's book.

I live in California, so shouldn't it have arrived by now? Did anyone order something on that day too?

Or (anyone a USPS worker??) does the mail usually come later in the day because of the holidays?

THANK YOU!

22 replies
nglez09 Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 23

C'mon. . .anyone?

Why am I so impatient? icon_mad.gif

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 9:55pm
post #3 of 23

Well my husband talked to his parents just about two weeks ago, and they told him they had ordered something for me and it should be here before too long. I have yet to see this. My guess would be with the holidays don't expect anything toooo early!!!

jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 9:55pm
post #4 of 23

Have you recieved a shipping notice on the order yet? If you haven't, then they may not have shipped it yet, but if you did, then things are probably just a bit slower due to the holiday. And with books, they usually go media, and that takes a little longer than the regular mail. I hope you get it soon.

nglez09 Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 9:59pm
post #5 of 23

No shipping notice.

But cooking.com said that if you ordered by that day it'd be here before Christmas. . .and if you ordered it on that day in California it'd be here by the 22nd.

Now I'm not sure if the postal workers go out later than usual or not because of the heavy mail, and if so, it may arrive today, but not until later.

Did any of your postal workers come later than usual today?

oolala Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oolala Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 10:05pm
post #6 of 23

OK, this passed monday I ordered some jewelry and I got them wednesday thru UPS and it was free shipping !!..

I live in California also. icon_smile.gif

nglez09 Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 10:12pm
post #7 of 23

Hmm. . .I wonder if UPS was bringing it or USPS. What do they usually use? I'd assume USPS, it's only a book. . .

justme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justme Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 10:20pm
post #8 of 23

well i have noticed that my postman has been coming later. -- like a couple hours later. if that was the last day to order then i wouldn't be surprised if it arrives tomorrow... I work retail and our cut off day for ordering was a week or so ago. but i know that if you order the last day-- it is most likely going to arrive so close to xmas. so I hope you get it tomorrow...

nglez09 Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 10:24pm
post #9 of 23

Thanks justme! It's probably just the mail carrier. Cooking.com guaranteed that if you ordered by midnight my time you'd get it today. So we'll just wait and see. icon_wink.gif

mrsdawnwhite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsdawnwhite Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 1:31am
post #10 of 23

I also ordered Toba's new book.. I ordered on the 7th and I didn't receive the book until the 18th and it came by USPS..

I also ordered from overstock.com on the 6th and got a shipping notification on the 7th.. and still haven't received the package...

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 2:23am
post #11 of 23

My understanding from my husband's brother is that a lot of mail routes through Denver. If that's where your package is - it's gonna be late.

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 2:32am
post #12 of 23

I ordered several different things last week that arrived ups and usps and they were here in less than a week. Usually anything I get shipped usps takes forever, no wonder they call it snail mail.

I did have one item I ordered through E-Bay, I just wrote the guy today because it's been over 10 days. Now I am wondering if it's held up in Denver.

I feel just awful for those people in the airport. One woman said they were held up on the plane 8 hours.

emmiepeterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmiepeterson Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 2:42am
post #13 of 23

but I just talked to my friend that works at Fedex and they are working Sunday to get everything out.

Hope you get it soon.
Emily

Janette Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 2:49am
post #14 of 23

Someone is holding it because you didn't give them enough cake icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

nglez09 Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 9:54pm
post #15 of 23

Thanks for the laughs and info.

I ordered on 12/12 (not 12/11 as I had previously thought) but it was GUARANTEED to arrive before Christmas.

I checked the mail and NOTHING. I'm not sure if it was yesterday's mail that arrived after 4 PM or if it's today's. . .

I guess I won't be getting my book for another three weeks. . .I was one of those unfortunate "rare" cases. icon_cry.gif

I'm going to call cooking.com.

If I call the post office will they think I'm a freak? icon_twisted.gif

nglez09 Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 9:57pm
post #16 of 23

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I called "Jessica's Biscuit" which I guess provides the books for cooking.com and guess what. . .it's AFTER HOURS!

They close at 5 ET. It's 1:55 here! That means it's only 4:55! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRARR!

icon_mad.gif

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 10:03pm
post #17 of 23

I dunno, but i sent some yarn to a friend in Arizona about 4 months ago, I sent it "next day" it took over two months to get there. Boy, was I mad. Last time I send something via "snail mail".
But that aside, there's also the "holiday blizzard that you have to contend with. They did shut down DIA (Denver Inter. Airport) for two days, and are just now getting their poop in a group, as it were. It took two days to open the freeways here. So I don't know how long stuff is gonna take to get wherever it's going.

nglez09 Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 10:20pm
post #18 of 23

I think that's what's going to happen to me chptlps. I guess I was sure my order would arrive soon because it was from cooking.com which is located on the WC, but I guess since JB is located on the EC, it probably won't. Oh well. Sucks for me. The book is probably in Denver right now. icon_lol.gif

Janette Posted 24 Dec 2006 , 12:24am
post #19 of 23

Yes!

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 24 Dec 2006 , 3:07am
post #20 of 23

Ya know, I wouldn't blame the company that sent the package, for some reason the postal service ain't what it used to be. O well, more business for ups or fedex i reckon.
O and we got 18 inches out of that storm and denver got over 3 feet in some places.

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 24 Dec 2006 , 3:44am
post #21 of 23

Maybe since it is a book they sent it via media mail and that usually takes for ever.... Sorry!

nglez09 Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 10:51pm
post #22 of 23

IT CAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a lot thinner than I thought it'd be. . .the pages seem kind of cheap quality if you know what I mean. Hmm. . .I'll 'review' it when I'm done scanning through it! thumbs_up.gif

surfergina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
surfergina Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 1:48am
post #23 of 23

nglez - I'm sorry to hear about your shipment delay. I'm a postal worker and I understand why it got delay: mailing level is higher due to holiday -and- several airports were closed due to snowstorm for a few days. It's not only Denver, but also Chicago, Buffalo, NYC and more.

Everything should be smooth by now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%