Royal Icing Flowers

Decorating By Peachez Updated 11 Feb 2005 , 3:21pm by Peachez

Peachez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachez Posted 9 Feb 2005 , 5:34pm
post #1 of 6

I want to make some royal icing flowers to put on sugar cookies for my sister's wedding shower favors. Since I have to make about 100 of these I figure I could get a head start with making the flowers and then "gluing" them on later. What should I make them on? I was thinking wax paper and tried some last night. They stuck and broke in my fingers when trying to lift them off. D'oh! Any suggestions would be helpful. icon_smile.gif

~Thanks~

5 replies
Cakeasyoulikeit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeasyoulikeit Posted 9 Feb 2005 , 6:01pm
post #2 of 6

Wax paper is what I have used. Only problem I've had it the paper sticking the drying surface, but not the flower sticking to the wax paper. Sorry can't be more hepful.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 9 Feb 2005 , 10:56pm
post #3 of 6

Try dusting the wax paper with cornstarch or a mixture of powdered sugar and constarch! happy baking, Missey

Peachez Posted 10 Feb 2005 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you both for your replies icon_smile.gif I'll be sure to give the cornstarch a try MrsMissey.

trisha1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trisha1972 Posted 10 Feb 2005 , 3:38pm
post #5 of 6

What kind of flowers are you talking about? Drop flowers? I do those all the time when I have leftover royal. I do them on wax paper and make sure they dry for a day or so before I take them off (if I don't just store them on it in a "tupperware" container).

Peachez Posted 11 Feb 2005 , 3:21pm
post #6 of 6

I figured out that my problem was drying time and that I wasn't giving the flowers enough. Thank you all for your suggestions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%