No Cake Orders Is It The Economy Or Just That Time Of Year?

Decorating By elizw Updated 5 Nov 2007 , 4:00am by Teekakes

elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 5 Nov 2007 , 2:54am
post #1 of 7

this is a slow time for me too. i am slammed up until halloween and then i slow down each year until march.

6 replies
Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 5 Nov 2007 , 2:55am
post #2 of 7

I think it is just a calm before the storm............Christmas thru New Years should be booming with cake orders.
The economy is playing somewhat of a factor in spending but..........it is the calm before the storm..........I hope icon_biggrin.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 5 Nov 2007 , 3:03am
post #3 of 7

I actually had a busy first part of the year, a VERY slow summer (perfect for having my baby though!) and then it has really gotten busy again this month. Well busy for me anyway. This has been my busiest year ever. I really need to get my licensing papers in. With the four boys I have been trying to decide what to do, just keep it word of mouth for another year or two, or get licensed and push for more business (which is kind of intimidating).

Teekakes Posted 5 Nov 2007 , 3:09am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

I actually had a busy first part of the year, a VERY slow summer (perfect for having my baby though!) and then it has really gotten busy again this month. Well busy for me anyway. This has been my busiest year ever. I really need to get my licensing papers in. With the four boys I have been trying to decide what to do, just keep it word of mouth for another year or two, or get licensed and push for more business (which is kind of intimidating).

icon_surprised.gif Four boys and you find time to decorate the beautiful cakes you do!?!? icon_eek.gif Oh my Lord! You must be a true supermom!!! I am VERY impressed!

I only had two girls, 4 years apart and they kept me busy! By the time I cooked breakfast, lunch, dinner and got the house cleaned everyday I didn't have enough umph left in me to learn to "decorate" cakes like you do. Oh, I made cakes and cookies and candies and all kinds of things but could never have done decorated cakes for other people!

Whew! You make me shaky just thinking of all you do! icon_lol.gif

Teekakes Posted 5 Nov 2007 , 3:26am
post #5 of 7

You are still a supermom to be able to handle four kiddos and decorate cakes! And you are nursing too!! I nursed my girls too and know how much time it takes! You must have LOTS of patience too!
You see, I don't even like to decorate cakes or cookies when my husband is home so I do it all during the day while he is at work and I am all by myself (my girls are 29 & 25 and do not live at home)! I don't like the distraction of just him when I am decorating, let alone munchkins! icon_lol.gif

Sorry about your toddler with hives..........that is really rough on little ones like he is. icon_sad.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 5 Nov 2007 , 3:41am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi1207

I only had four orders this weekend. None of them were big. I have a couple for next weekend. Hopefully I get some last minute orders. It's just that October was so busy I was having to turn down orders. The weekend of the 20th alone I had 11 orders. Now...............hardly anything. I need to make some christmas cookie samples to rake in some orders.

I have four kiddos too but they're all girls. I can't imagine if they were all boys..............yikes!!!

11 orders in ONE weekend? Oh my I could never accept that many. I limit mine to one large per day or two smaller ones per day. I don't have enough fridge space for more, let alone time.

And four kids is four kids, I don't suppose once you reach that number that it matters what gender they are. LOL!

Teekakes Posted 5 Nov 2007 , 4:00am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi1207

I only had four orders this weekend. None of them were big. I have a couple for next weekend. Hopefully I get some last minute orders. It's just that October was so busy I was having to turn down orders. The weekend of the 20th alone I had 11 orders. Now...............hardly anything. I need to make some christmas cookie samples to rake in some orders.

I have four kiddos too but they're all girls. I can't imagine if they were all boys..............yikes!!!

11 orders in ONE weekend? Oh my I could never accept that many. I limit mine to one large per day or two smaller ones per day. I don't have enough fridge space for more, let alone time.

And four kids is four kids, I don't suppose once you reach that number that it matters what gender they are. LOL!

OK, I don't know where to to gals get your energy from but your killing me here! icon_lol.gif Four girls, four boys, four kiddos any way you toss the coin and that is a LOT of work in itself!
I admire you both for getting anything done other than kids stuff!
You two make me tired so now I am going to go to bed! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%