Please Help-- My Mmf Bows Are Wilting

Decorating By kkg Updated 22 Dec 2006 , 6:20am by CakesUnleashed

kkg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkg Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 4:52am
post #1 of 6

please help me......

i made mmf bows with gum tex ( i just eyeballed the gumtex im guessing i put in about 1 1/2 tsp gumtex per 4-5 oz of mmf) on monday afternoon. its already thursday night and my bows are still not hard enough to hold its shape icon_cry.gif they still wilt after i take them out fr the dowel.what will i do. these bows are for tom's dinner icon_cry.gif i was actually planning on making a christmas present cake with bows on top icon_cry.gif

whhat did i do wrong????
can i still salvage the bows?
any suggestions on what design i should do now?

pls help

kkg

5 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 5:40am
post #3 of 6

I have actually gone as far as putting bows in a huge mound of corn starch, with foam or paper towels in the middle to support the loops - then leaving them over night, buried in the mound. It most certainly worked the next day! Try it!

I have heard of people using a dehydrator, too! But I have never tried this. However, I saw it on a Food Network challenge...they put fondant pieces in it and took them out as needed...it looked like it worked!

Best wishes to you! Let us all know what actually worked!

By the way, Hi, JanH! Good to see you this evening!!

CakesUnleashed Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 5:44am
post #4 of 6
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 6:05am
post #5 of 6

Hi CakesUnleashed,

Thought it might be helpful to try and make a tidy package of the mmf, bow and gumtex questions!

Glad I could be of help icon_smile.gif

CakesUnleashed Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 6:20am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

Hi CakesUnleashed,

Thought it might be helpful to try and make a tidy package of the mmf, bow and questions!

Glad I could be of help icon_smile.gif

You are amazing! I love how organized and detailed you are. While you are at it, can you find my keys? LOL!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%