How To Do A Rose With A Witch Hat Nail Tip

Decorating By bizcocho Updated 22 Dec 2006 , 6:24pm by bizcocho

bizcocho Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizcocho Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 9

I think a while back someone posted pictures of a nail tip that has a cone in it to pipe the rose. I am desperately in need of finding this information. If anyone knows where I find it, please let me know ASAP.
Thanks.
Bizcocho.

8 replies
Sweetgurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetgurl Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 1:21am
post #2 of 9

If you are inquiring as how to make one, it is about the same way you do a rose on a flat tip. I make a couple of swirls around the cone, then just start doing the petals. This is a great rose nail and the roses turn out with a nice petal silouette.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 1:47am
post #3 of 9

Where do you find the witch had nail tip? It sounds easier than making the cone with BC and having it wobble.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 4:34am
post #4 of 9

Is this what you're looking for, Ateco Witche's Hat Rose Flower Nail #910:

http://bakerstools.com/prods/910.html

HTH

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 4:41am
post #5 of 9

I made my own by super gluing a narrow #0 tip to one of my rose nails!

Works like a charm!

Amy

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 4:32pm
post #6 of 9

I was wondering ... how do you remove the rose from the nail tip?? Wouldn't it stay attached to the nail?

-Rezzy

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 4:42pm
post #7 of 9

Rezzycakes wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

I was wondering ... how do you remove the rose from the nail tip?? Wouldn't it stay attached to the nail

Good question..I was wondering the same thing too?..it is even hard for me to remove a bc rose from the nail normally icon_redface.gif I have mushed more than my fair share of them...I now freeze them for 5 min and it helps..

Jane

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 5:53pm
post #8 of 9

It takes practice but you can either use a pair of scissors or Wilton's flower scissors. You spin the tip and pull it down while you have the scissors open around the tip under the flower. It took practice and practice and practice for me. The center bud of the flower kept collapsing. That's really the only down side of this rose nail.

If anyone has an easier way to do this I'd sure love to know!

Amy

bizcocho Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizcocho Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 6:24pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you all for answering. I'm going to try it. I had the same questions, if I do the base on the tip doesn't this gets attached to the tip. Oh well...I;m going to try it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%