Chocolate Wasc?

Decorating By imagine76 Updated 28 May 2008 , 12:41am by lutie

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 9

i know not long ago i read someone uses chocolate mixes for the WASC cake. was there anything else i need to do? whole eggs i imagine. wish i could find that.

Jan! i need you!

8 replies
cholmberg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cholmberg Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 9

I did a pair a few weeks ago, turned out fine for me. I justed used three whole eggs instead of the egg whites.

Edited to add: I only used one box so I only used three eggs. I didn't know to sub out some cocoa, I'll do that next time, but even w/o it, it turned out quite good. Thanks for the Info!

smoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smoore Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 6:43pm
post #3 of 9

I do the same, using 3 whole eggs (I make them in 1/2 batches) and a dark/rich chocolate cake mix. I also replace the almond extract with extra vanilla and I add 4 heaping tablespoons of cocoa powder and replace the water with cold coffee - that seems to bring out the chocolate flavor.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 7:09pm
post #4 of 9

Expanded flavors WASC cake recipe:

http://tinyurl.com/2cu8s4

Can use any flavor cake mix, change extracts, add white chocolate, raspberries or strawberries, use lemon or berry juices, fruit nectars, liquor or liqueurs, yogurt, jello and more.

yffrank Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yffrank Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 7:20pm
post #5 of 9

I also use this recipe for my chocolate cake. I like to start with a dark chocolate cake mix and I also exchange 1/2 cup of the cocoa for flour. I also like to add 1 tbs of instant coffee...what a difference it makes. Use just 6 whole eggs and sub vanilla for almond. This is the best chocolate cake ever!!

yffrank Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yffrank Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 7:22pm
post #6 of 9

I forgot to say that both of this recipes make the best cupcake!!!!!

canoewoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
canoewoman Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 7:54pm
post #7 of 9

save

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 8:56pm
post #8 of 9
lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:41am
post #9 of 9

I made the chocolate WASC substituting 1/4 cocoa for 1/4 cup flour... as my client wanted a 1/2 white/1/2 chocolate 1/2 sheet cake, I just made one of each. It came out beautiful and the 12 x 18 pan was delightfully full. Baked it @ 325 degree F with the flower nail in the middle. Comes out "perfect" every time. I did put in 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 teaspoon almond in the chocolate side. The strawberry butter cream icing I use (the recipe is posted on the recipe section) went with both the white and the chocolate as a filling. Regular butter cream was used for the icing with fondant fairies and flowers on it for decoration. (Baby Shower for a darling child from adopted from Guatemala). The chocolate is delicious... thanks for the heads up and your experiences with the chocolate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%