I'm So Bored With The Same Ole' Same Ole'

Decorating By venefica Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 4:32pm by tyty

venefica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
venefica Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:53pm
post #1 of 4

I mostly make special occasion cakes..... for spoiled kids icon_rolleyes.gif (OK, so I'm the one that likes to spoil them) icon_biggrin.gif .... but any ways... it seems that it is always Chocolate, White Cake, and Red Velvet (my daughters favorite). I try and change up the fillings at least but get mixed reviews, for instance the parents love the raspberry but the kids hate it and just scrape it off. The kids always love the chocolate ganache filling.... but the adults tend to think that it is too rich. I need some ideas for something DIFFERENT.... that BOTH the kids and the adults would like. Any ideas?? birthday.gif

3 replies
phoohbear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoohbear Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:15pm
post #2 of 4

I feel the same way!!!! If someone else tells me that "but my favorite is just white cake with plain frosting" I am going to scream. Sometimes I wish that I could have tastings for occasion cakes just so people know there is other flavors out there. At least let me put a better filling in it or something!! I will be intrested in hearing others ideas.

missmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmeg Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:11pm
post #3 of 4

I essentially don't give people a choice about "plain and simple"...unless they specifically ask. I refuse to do a yellow cake unless requested. I do "white chocolate" instead of white cake, "bittersweet chocolate" instead of chocolate cake, and I am known for my speciality flavors (chai cake, cinnamon-hazelnut filling, chocolate rum cake w/ raspberry rum filling).

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:32pm
post #4 of 4

When I want to try something new, I bake 1/2 cake and bring it to work and I usually get 3-4 orders on the spot.

My last experiment was a base of yellow cake with 2 tbs of coco lopez and 2 tsp of coconut flavor. I added lemon curd filling and BC with cream bouquet. It was a big hit, ended up with 4 orders.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%