Help ...i Have No Butter!!!

Decorating By CakeMommyTX Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 2:19pm by CakeMommyTX

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 7

I am making a cake for my sister to take to work with her and I have no butter! The cakes are baked I just need to ice them but I only have crisco no butter icon_cry.gif , does anyone know of an alternative to butter cream that I can ice a cake with, and put fondant on? icon_confused.gif

6 replies
rsdd108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rsdd108 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 7

In Australia, they put a sugar syrup underneath. I've never tried it, but you could look it up. Otherwise, in our Wilton class, apricot jam was suggested.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Good luck!

Radha

diamondjacks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondjacks Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:09pm
post #3 of 7

Just use crisco

1 cup crisco
1 lb ps
1 ts of flavor
1 tb of meragine powder
3 tbs water

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:10pm
post #4 of 7

Use the recipe for bettys buttercream in the recipe section. Its just like the buttercream recipe I have used for years. Everyone loves it!

tnuty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnuty Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:10pm
post #5 of 7

just make a buttercream that has no butter..I dont usually put butter in my buttercream (sounds weird I know) But they taste just as good. IMO.. Everyone raves about my frosting..

justme50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justme50 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:16pm
post #6 of 7

I'd go with buttercream made with all crisco. That's the basic recipe I use anyway.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:19pm
post #7 of 7

ok so I can just double the crisco and leave out the butter from my orignal recipe?
Now I have another problem I have no butter flavoring? Will a little extra vanilla make up for that?
Oh another question (I'm full of those today) do yall think butterscotch filling will go good with a chocolate cake? Thank yall for all your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%