What Does This Cake Need?

Decorating By LoriMc Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 4:01pm by LoriMc

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 1:55am
post #1 of 13

I got this idea from the baby shower gallery, and it seems to need something more. Any suggestions? The original had flowers in the corner, but this cake is supposed to be unisex, since they don't know what they are having. Would flowers be too feminine?
LL

12 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:09am
post #2 of 13

The decorations on this cake are absolutely perfect. You do excellent work! If I were to add anything, it would be an accent on the border to tie all the colors together. Maybe yellow dots around the outside edge, or something like that.

LoriMc Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:59am
post #3 of 13

I added to the border...thanks for the suggestion.

ssunshine564 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ssunshine564 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:11am
post #4 of 13

Looks great! I wouldn't add a thing. Great job!

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:12am
post #5 of 13

Maybe some dime-sized green polka-dots around your baby items on top? There seems to be a good amount of yellow area that you could fill with something. Your cake looks nice though either way, very clean work.

elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:15am
post #6 of 13

i think it looks nice too. if you really want to add something, just add a few polka dots (5 or 6 tip) in the same yellow as the background. it will give it a little texture without taking away from the beautiful design. if you want more of a punch, make the polka dots baby blue. again, just a few.

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:20pm
post #7 of 13

I agree with the dots suggestion.

Love the cake. Very cute!

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:38pm
post #8 of 13

Or some fondant bows in all four corners? But its very nice the way it is.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:39pm
post #9 of 13

i think it is perfect just like you have it so neat and pretty you did a great job i saw that pattern too and made a copy but i haven,t used it now i will

dsimkovic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsimkovic Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:37pm
post #10 of 13

Yep, I agree...dots. It's very cute, though. I love it. icon_smile.gif

Post a new pic when you've done all you want to do, please. thumbs_up.gif

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:49pm
post #11 of 13

Wow, great minds really do think alike...before I read the posts I was thinking dots too! Be sure to post a picture when you are done...I think it looks cute now, can't wait to see what comes next!

LoriMc Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:00pm
post #12 of 13

Thanks for the great ideas but the cake left for it's office destination very early this morning. Dots would have been a good idea! I didn't think of that. All I did was add a thicker white border on top of the green ruffle border. It did look better though. For all the cakes I have made I still feel like I struggle with borders, especially on larger cakes. I haven't found the perfect tip yet for a large border.

LoriMc Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:01pm
post #13 of 13

Thanks for the great ideas but the cake left for it's office destination very early this morning. Dots would have been a good idea! I didn't think of that. All I did was add a thicker white border on top of the green ruffle border. It did look better though. For all the cakes I have made I still feel like I struggle with borders, especially on larger cakes. I haven't found the perfect tip yet for a large border.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%