How Do I Stop My Cupcakes Detaching From Its Wrapper??

Decorating By Sadz Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 6:55pm by Letmebeurdesignr

Sadz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sadz Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 12:08am
post #1 of 6

HOW DO I STOP MY CUPCAKES DETACHING FROM ITS WRAPPER?? CANT FIGURE OUT IF ITS A COMPONENT OF MY RECIPE, TEMP, WRAPPER? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

5 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:12am
post #2 of 6

I solved this problem by slightly underbaking my cupcakes and leaving them in the pan to finish cooking, about 10 minutes. They also look nicer through the paper. Not so brown.

However, another decorator said she solved the problem by OVERbaking her cupcakes, so I guess you're back to square one!

shkepa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shkepa Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:17am
post #3 of 6

I had this happen to me and I thought it was because I covered them to soom and the heat from the cupcake caused it. I left them out until they were completly cooled thiss time and it did not happen. hope this helps

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:20am
post #4 of 6

Duplicate post, Please see this post for additional answers
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5711710-.html#5711710

monkee73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monkee73 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 6:44pm
post #5 of 6

I baked about 200 last year for my brother's wedding, and didn't have this happen...I used a regular box cake mix...Is your recipe a scratch one?

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 6:55pm
post #6 of 6

this is what i kept asking in other threads w/in the past couple of days and nobody would answer it.

Everytime i bake cupcakes they detach from the liners. I had to bake some last night for my daughter to take to school and i would have liked to have had some answers but couldnt get any so i very lightly sprayed pam into the liners. seems to help some i guess.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%