Cupcake Baking Cups Question

Decorating By lpino Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 1:04am by Letmebeurdesignr

lpino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lpino Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 8

Hi all,

You know the cupcake baking cups? you know how they have so many different ones: halloween, birthday, christmas, etc.?

Ok, here's the thing... I love them and every time I bake cupcakes, I buy different ones and EVERY TIME, when they are baked, the cups turn black (or dark) so you can't even see the designs and patterns!!!!!!! icon_cry.gif

Is it possible to prevent this? I would love to have a perfectly baked cupcake in a perfectly beautiful baking cup...

What am I doing wrong???? icon_sad.gif

7 replies
cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 7:00pm
post #2 of 8

What if you doubled the liners maybe use white ones then set them in the decorative ones .

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 8

What kind of pans are you putting the cups in?

angelcakesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakesmom Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 12:08am
post #4 of 8

This happens to me too! icon_cry.gif I would love to know how to prevent this also!

pinkbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbox Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 12:44am
post #5 of 8

Im with you too... how on earth does the "cupcake shops" make their cupcakes look so out of this world.... papers and all....

I have resorted to getting the Foil cupcake cups at the walmart... just because I think they look a little classier... like a cake board that has been covered... (everything makes more sense in my twisted minds point of view haha)

Kim

pinkbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbox Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 12:45am
post #6 of 8

Im with you too... how on earth does the "cupcake shops" make their cupcakes look so out of this world.... papers and all....

I have resorted to getting the Foil cupcake cups at the walmart... just because I think they look a little classier... like a cake board that has been covered... (everything makes more sense in my twisted minds point of view haha)

Kim

sarahkate80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahkate80 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 12:56am
post #7 of 8

This isn't helpng much, either, but I HATE when that happens. What is the point of buying them. I don't think mine turn dark, i think they just seem to fade away when the cupcake shows through. Even when I put two liners, the outside one just kind of falls off or sticks open. icon_sad.gif

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 1:04am
post #8 of 8

Does anybody know how to make the cupcakes after they are baked to stop them from tearing apart when you try to take the cupcake out of the baking cups? Mine always tear apart. I dont like them doing this. Do I have to spray the cups first or something so they dont tear up?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%