Grand Opening...need Some Ideas

Business By golfgirl1227 Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 4:37am by ChrisfromNOLA

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 3:32am
post #1 of 9

I'm having my grand opening on Saturday. I will be open daily with cupcakes/cookies/etc so I will have those available on Sat. but does anyone have any thoughts/ideas/suggestions of other things to do/have/etc that will make this more of a fun thing and not just something boring. I'm not really sure how this will go, and I'm getting nervous so that's not helping the creativity!!

TIA!!!

8 replies
fraggle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fraggle Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 4:47am
post #2 of 9

What about having door prizes, or announce that you're having a cakewalk (if space permits) at a certain time, or even do it outside if the weather's nice? Sorry, I'm not really good at this either.

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 4:59am
post #3 of 9

Hi there.
What about having little decorating stations for the kids? Decorate cupcakes or cookies... Make spiders out of fondant? I know, lots of work and supplies, but the kids will remember it, and then later you could be a birthday place perhaps...

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:23am
post #4 of 9

When I do mine we will be serving free champagne! (ok for a one time event if you are not selling it and portion wise think wedding toast)

sweetreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetreasures Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:34am
post #5 of 9

As a customer I'd want to have samples of cake flavors / fillings, designs of the type of work you do - even if the designs are dummy cakes

Door prize is a good idea. If decorating cupcakes with kids be sure there is plenty of help on hand to supervise.

coffee/ tea available

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 11:30am
post #6 of 9

I love the door prize idea and having a kids corner. I personally wouldn't put fondant out but maybe they could decorate sugar cookies. Kids love that. And lots of sprinkles. My DD is 8 and if I say she can have a couple cookies or cupcakes to decorate on her own, I get "Cool Mom" points!

Good luck! I can't wait to hear how everything goes.

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 1:42am
post #7 of 9

These are good ideas. Keep 'em coming!!!

Thanks!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:41am
post #8 of 9

Did you join your local Chamber of Commerce? Perhaps have one of their Business After Hours at your place to introduce all the business folks to your offerings!

ChrisfromNOLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisfromNOLA Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:37am
post #9 of 9

If you could give everyone a simple goodie bag with a cookie, business card/brochure/magnet with your info they could not only taste your cakes, cookies, while they were at your shop, but they may share the cookie and your info with a friend or neighbor after they leave.
Congrats on your Grand Opening!!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%