What The Heck Is Creme Royal?

Decorating By chrystal_86 Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 5:40am by JanH

chrystal_86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrystal_86 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 1:57am
post #1 of 5

And where do you buy it.Found an mmf recipie thats rated really well and calls for it.

4 replies
nannaraquel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannaraquel Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 2:05am
post #2 of 5

Creme royal is a flavor emulsion, like creme bouqet or Princess emulsion, that tastes a little like butter rum flavoring to me. I really like it in the coconut filling I use for German chocolate cake. My local cake supply shop carries it, but you can also find it online by doing a google search. Hope that helps! icon_smile.gif

shivs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shivs Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 3:00am
post #3 of 5

I love Creme Royal. I use it in my icing & white or yellow cakes. I also put it in my MMF. Its hard for me to describe, but it just has a sweet bakery smell to it. I found it online.

Tanya35 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tanya35 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:18am
post #4 of 5

I am new to this site. I really don't know what Creme Royal is, but I did see a receipe for Creme Bouquet. It has 1/3 tsp vanilla, 1/3 tsp almond and 1/3 tsp butter flavor. I hope that helps.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 5:40am
post #5 of 5

Creme Royal:


Creme Bouquet has a cream base with citrus overtones (no nut overtones).

Creme Royal just tasted like cream to me although it's also supposed to have citrus overtones PLUS almond... (JMHO.)

National Flavors has a lot of quality flavoring products at reasonable prices:






Quote by @%username% on %date%