Need Help With Wasc And Darn Good Chocolate Cake

Decorating By daisy114 Updated 26 Oct 2007 , 5:22pm by 2sdae

daisy114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisy114 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 4

For the WASC, could I substitute the almond extract for more vanilla or would that be too much? Also, I wanted to do a filling with fresh strawberries and I tried pureeing them and then adding to my SMBC but it didn't taste that great. Anyone have any other suggestions I could try?

For the darn good chocolate cake, could I omit the chips at the end or will it affect the texture? I love how moist it is and if the chips helped with the moistness I don't want to ruin that.

TIA!

3 replies
Jenteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenteach Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 3:37pm
post #2 of 4

I have subbed vanilla for the almond and I didn't think it was too much at all. It had a nice flavor and it would be wonderful with the strawberry filling you are going to make. Sorry I can't help with your other question though.

HTH

Jen

daisy114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisy114 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 5:03pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks Jen! What brand of white mix did you use? The first and only time I made it I used Pillsbury but then realized it had pudding in it. I wonder if that was why it was sooo moist.

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 5:22pm
post #4 of 4

I have made both. I used the pillsbury and duncan hines with no problem. I omit the almond because I dont like the taste and some do, so if they do I will.
The chips dont have to be in the darn good chocolate cake. I have made it without it and it was fine for me.
As for the filling, I use pureed strawberries with strawberry glaze to help with taste and to keep it from from making the cake kinds soggy.
Or I have used polaner all fruit spread the strawberry kind and it is awesome.
You can find it in any grocery store with the jam, jellies and preserves.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%