175 Cookies In 3 Days....im Cookied Out...

Baking By TiffTurtle Updated 23 Dec 2006 , 12:33am by EverlastingSweets

TiffTurtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TiffTurtle Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 5:16am
post #1 of 13

whew, im finally done ...all my cookie orders were due yesterday and today...i think i have gotten all of about 6 hours of sleep in the past 3 nights icon_eek.gif ...dont get me wrong i LOVE my cookies, but im about cookied out for a few days..lol...

12 replies
Princess3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Princess3 Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 5:45pm
post #2 of 13

Bless your heart,, I know that is alot of work. I have several Christmas orders myself and I am early into pregnancy where I am tired anyways. But I had to do 15 lbs of fudge all individually packaged and bowed last saturday. Then tomorrow I have a sheet cake, and this Saturday I have 7 cookie bouquets plus I am making cookies for all my nieces and nephews to put out for Santa! So I am going to take a break from this mysself. ! I bet your cookies are beautiful though. Get some sleep!

Moviechick00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moviechick00 Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 6:07pm
post #3 of 13

Wow thats great. When making cookies I find myself getting tired like ugh why am I making these. I tend to get bored with them fast. I wish there was an easy way to make and decorate cookies.

MC

rsaun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rsaun Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 6:07pm
post #4 of 13

I've had a bunch, too. I've done 7 cakes and 26 dozen cookies. I'm done, though, and actually "whooped" with delight when the final cookie (#312).

TiffTurtle Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 13

oh i cant imagine doing this and being perg too...i was so tired all the time when i was preg.

best of luck to all of yall in getting all your work done!!

im glad mine are done but i have to admit...i cant wait till i get another order cuase i love doing them.

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 11:56pm
post #6 of 13

Yep, lots'o'cookies....choco chip, choco dainties, frosted sugar, almond cream spritz, cut-outs, fluffy gingerbread.....hmmm....I think thats it. Oh yeah, and a double batch of fudge! I think I've been at it since 7 this morning. I think I'm done for this season! icon_wink.gif

aliciababcock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciababcock Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 12:08am
post #7 of 13

I know the feeling. I had my 8 year old sister over who wanted to learn how to make and decorate sugar cookies. She decided she wanted to give some to people for christmas and by the time we were done we made and decorated nearly 100 cookies. But, I love knowing that she is interested in and enjoys baking as much as I do.

tricia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tricia Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 3:59am
post #8 of 13

I know how you feel! I made 11 cookie bouquets within the last 2 days...and I think I am sick of looking at cookies for awhile...(atleast until Valentines Day!)My back hurts, my feet hurt!

TiffTurtle Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 4:01am
post #9 of 13

aww thats so cool...my little boy is more interested in baking than my daughter ...he says he wants to be a baker like mommy when he grows up...hes 3...lol...i figure heck send him to school for it and he can be the next Ace of Cakes icon_smile.gif

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 11:20am
post #10 of 13

to make me feel better I just continue to tell myself "this is a busy time of the year and it will slow down!"

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 10:08pm
post #11 of 13

I completely understand how you feel. I made about 128 cookies in two days. I still have more to make for tomorrow so I don't know why I'm sitting here on cakecentral. icon_biggrin.gif

By the end of tomorrow I will have made 8 cakes, 1 order of cupcakes, 8 cookie bouquets, 15 cookie platters with more than a 1 dozen of cookies, 2 cookie tins (half a dozen each). All this was done in one week and I work full time five days a week.

I still want to make more cookies to take to my Aunt's house for Christmas dinner and give out cookies as gifts for the Xmas containers I have left over. Call me crazy. icon_biggrin.gif

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 10:24pm
post #12 of 13

I am right there with you and have an entire day of cooking for tomorrow and half day Sunday.

So far we have rice krispie treats, almond cookies, choc. chip cookies, molasses cookies, death by choc. cake, peanut butter cake balls, caramel praline cake balls, peanut butter balls, fudge and a couple dozen marshmallow pops.

Still have to do German choc. cake, pineapple coconut cake, cherry pie, peanut butter cookies, more cake balls, baklava and then cook for Christmas Eve dinner.

Luckily my daughter is off work and helping me. I pinched a nerve in my back and can't hardly move my left arm so it is slow going without her help!

EverlastingSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EverlastingSweets Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 12:33am
post #13 of 13

I just made 288 cookies in 2 days! I about fell over, however, I still have to finish icing 100 of them. The rest are already iced, bagged and ready for shipping. I had a last minute order come in for 24 dozen cookies.
Cookie bakers UNITE!!!
hee hee

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%