Yay - And Question About Pricing...

Decorating By pump_jc Updated 21 Dec 2006 , 1:17pm by pump_jc

pump_jc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pump_jc Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 4:29am
post #1 of 4

Okay, so I made this cake:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=pump_jc&cat=0&pos=1

for the bowling alley holiday party (if that link doesn't work, it's the snowman cake in my photos).

Well, everyone loved it. So, now I'm making another cake for Saturday's bowling party, plus a lady wants me to recreate the above cake for her for Christmas! She wants to pick it up Christmas eve!

I don't know how much to charge for it??? I was thinking $45 or $50??? Does that sound like a good price? It's two 10" square cakes.

Thanks!

Jamie

3 replies
Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 4:41am
post #2 of 4

I'm not too good with prices, what you quoted seems right. I just wanted to say I love your cake.

There are some pros on here that I'm sure will help with prices.

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 4:57am
post #3 of 4

Great Cake! I do the following: Cost of all materials used ( this includes cake boards, foil, and other structural stuff ), add to this total 2% of the total, then multiply that total by 4 (some people use 3). The 2% covers the intangibles such as the electricity, paper products, clean up materials etc. used. That said some people charge per serving. A 2 layer 10" cake serves approx. 35 servings. If you charge $1.75 per serving that is $62.25. If you charge $2.00 per serving that is $70.00. To me these are low ball for my area, but I definitely think $45 is too low.

pump_jc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pump_jc Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 1:17pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for your help. This will be my first "sale" cake. The rest I've just done for fun. I can't believe how many people came up to me last night wanting me to make cakes for them!

Thanks again -

Jamie P.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%