How Many Cups Per Mix?

Decorating By D77 Updated 26 Oct 2007 , 5:25pm by TexasSugar

D77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
D77 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 1:24am
post #1 of 5

I know I've seen this some where on here before - but now that I need to know, I can't find it. Go figure. Anyway how many cups does one box cake mix make?

TIA

4 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 2:58am
post #2 of 5

It will depend on the brand and the flavor. It can be anywhere from 4 cups to 6 cups.

BC and Phils usually make between 4 and 5 cups. DH makes 5 to 6 cups. DH golden butter makes 6. DH white makes around 5. The Chocolate, lemon and strawberry fall somewhere in the middle.

It also depends on if you doctor them and how.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 3:16am
post #3 of 5

Like texassugar said it all depends on the box, along with what you add to it. I can tell you what I have gotten from box mixes though.

I always add one small box of pudding and one egg to a box and get the following
DH - 6Cups plus or minus a T (this has been very consistent with every flavor I have used.
BC - Just under 5 cups (I usually only use Cherry Chip though so not sure if the other flavors are different)

D77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
D77 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 1:38pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks, that helps me out a lot! I use BC....

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 5

The best thing to do is when you make the different cake flavors that you do to measure out and make notes of the amounts of batter. You can keep this with your recipes or such and have it as a reference.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%